Public Agency Award
Approved by the Board of Direction at the Fall 2003 Board Meeting, the Public Agency Award
will commence Jan. 1, 2004, and is scheduled to be presented for the first time in May 2005.
Any federal, state, or local public agency that has maintained its membership for three or more years is eligible for the award. For federal agencies, the award is intended for a field organization, not the entire agency.
- Extent to which the public agency appoints individuals to public agency representative positions for each Post affiliation;
- Extent to which the public agency participates in procurement opportunity briefings
- Extent to which public agency representatives take on leadership positions at the Post level, including Board of Direction and standing/ad hoc committees;
- Extent to which public agency supports Young Member participation in Society activities and mentoring programs;
- Extent to which public agency supports K-12, College Outreach and community service activities;
- Extent to which the public agency participates in Small Business programs sponsored by The Society or federal agencies.
Nomination Process: One or more Posts may nominate a Public Agency meeting the eligibility criteria. Public agencies may not nominate themselves for the Public Agency Award.
Past Public Agency Award Recipients
2016 USCG Shore Infrastructure Logistics Center
2014 NAVFAC Southeast
2013 United States Army Corps of Engineers Baltimore District
2012 The Civil Engineer School, Air Force Institute of Technology
2011 802nd Civil Engineer Squadron
2010 Headquarters Air Force Civil Engineer Support Agency
2009 U.S. Air Force Academy
2008 U.S. Air Force Air Education and Training Command, Civil Engineering
2007 Missouri University of Science & Technology
2005 City of San Antonio Public Works Department
2004 Air Force Center for Environmental Excellence