The 2017 Scholarship Dinner will be held on June 6th, 2017 from 6-9pm at the Ceresville Mansion in Frederick, MD. Please join us for a fabulous evening celebrating our nation's future leaders in STEM! Details for registering can be found here.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS:
Anne Porter, North East High School
Ben Hawkins, Magruder High School
Matthew Beveridge, MIT
Shane Miller, University of Maryland, College Park
2017 Mid-Maryland Post Scholarship Application (2017 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS NOW CLOSED! )
The Society of American Military Engineers Mid-Maryland Post 2017 Scholarship Application Form
The Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) is a premier global engineering organization with a mission to “lead collaborative efforts to identify and resolve national security infrastructure-related challenges“. A primary means to fulfilling this mission is to encourage talented students to pursue careers in engineering, architecture, and related fields.
The Mid-Maryland Post of SAME supports the mission by providing assistance to deserving students pursuing a baccalaureate degree in engineering, architecture, or related science, planning, and construction fields at local colleges and universities. Scholarship applications will be reviewed in April and awards of at least $1,000 per recipient will be announced in May.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- United States citizen;
- High School senior or full-time undergraduate student (freshman through junior) at an accredited university or college (including 2-year community colleges), preferably in the Frederick / Baltimore / Washington, DC area;
- Pursuing an associate or baccalaureate degree in engineering, architecture, or related science, planning, or construction fields; and
- Have not been awarded this scholarship more than four times in the past.
Applicants must submit the attached application form, an official transcript, and a narrative, type written and no more than 750 words, addressing the following:
- Academic / professional goals and how it relates to the mission of the SAME;
- Extracurricular activities;
- Summary of previous military service, if any; and
- Other comments to assist the selection process.
The applicant’s school counselor, academic advisor, or administrator must endorse the application to verify enrollment. The scholarship will be awarded after college enrollment is confirmed in the school year awarded. The scholarship will be paid directly to the School Registrar.
Application, narrative, and official transcript must be mailed, to arrive no later than April 14, 2017, to:
SAME Mid-Maryland Scholarship Committee c/o Bold Concepts, Inc.
814 W. Diamond Avenue, Suite 200
Gaithersburg, MD 20878