2018 Scholarships Available
KTA Associates, Inc.
Do you have a dependent or know of someone who is or will be pursuing a degree in Engineering, Science, Technology, or a related field and needs a scholarship?
If so, as a member of the Seattle Post, you can sponsor a student’s application for up to a $2,500 scholarship. Completed scholarship applications will be accepted during the scholarship application acceptance period (February 02, 2018 through April 06, 2018).
This year the Puget Sound Engineering and Science Scholarship Fund (PSE&SSF) will award scholarships totaling $27,000 on behalf of the SAME Seattle Post.
- Six scholarships will be awarded to Post Member-sponsored applicants (3 Post Member-sponsored scholarships valued at $2,500 each and 3 Post Member-sponsored scholarships valued at $2,000 each).
- Another thirteen scholarships will be awarded to graduating High School Seniors (1 High School scholarship valued at $1,500 and 12 High School scholarships valued at $1,000 each).
High School students who apply for Post Member-sponsored scholarships are automatically included in the High School scholarship pool if they are not selected for a Post Member-sponsored scholarship. The final number and amount of scholarships may be adjusted based on the number and quality of the applications as well as additional funds that may become available.
The Seattle Post Member-sponsored scholarships are open to all student applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Must be a dependent of or sponsored by a current member of the Seattle Post. Each Seattle Post Member may sponsor multiple dependents OR one applicant who is not a dependent.
- Applicant may be either currently enrolled as a full-time college student OR be a graduating High School Senior. The applicant must be enrolled in or be accepted into a full-time program of study towards a Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in the fields of engineering, science, technology, or a related field at an accredited college or university.
- If a graduating High School Senior, the applicant must have graduated from or be scheduled to graduate from an accredited high school, public or private, in the spring of 2018.
Furthermore, there are two additional 2018 scholarship programs offered by PSE&SSF that are open to dependents and friends of Seattle Post Members, they are:
- PSE&SSF College Scholarships (for High School Seniors graduating in spring of 2018). The applicant must be a US citizen accepted into a full-time program of study towards a Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in engineering, science, technology, or a related field at an accredited college or university. Currently, seven $1,000 PSE&SSF College Scholarships will be awarded to graduating High School Seniors that will be attending an accredited college or university in the fall of 2018.
- Shannon & Wilson Civil Engineering Scholarship (for current full-time undergraduate University of Washington students). The applicant must be a full-time University of Washington student who is either accepted or currently enrolled in the Civil Engineering undergraduate program (i.e., seeking a Bachelor of Science [BS] Degree in Civil Engineering at the University of Washington). Currently, one $1,000 scholarship award is available for 2018 and will be awarded to a University of Washington student who continues the pursuit of their Civil Engineering undergraduate degree into the fall of 2018.
Important Submittal Instructions:
Any of the scholarships identified above may be applied for by using the scholarship application completion and submittal steps stated below:
1) Follow the cited links provided to obtain and complete an online scholarship application. The deadline for receipt of completed scholarship applications is midnight on Friday, April 06, 2018.
a) A completed application must be submitted utilizing wufoo.com. Click on the following link to make your way to the online application form:
b) You will have the ability to upload an electronic copy of your academic transcript for submittal within the online application form. If possible, please attach a transcript that includes grades from your Fall 2017 semester.
c) If an applicant wishes to submit an updated academic transcript after submitting the completed online application form (with initially attached electronic transcript) as designated in Step a) above, it can be as long as it is submitted electronically by Friday, April 06, 2018. Please email the updated transcript to email@example.com. Please provide your full name, home address, phone number, and school in the body of the email to ensure that your data file is accurately selected and your transcript is replaced with the newly updated transcript.
d) No hard copy applications will be accepted. Only completed applications and transcripts utilizing the wufoo.com link above will be accepted.
2) Follow these online application form guidelines to ensure accurate completion as well as a maximum possible score.
a) Please review the entire Application Form before completing it. This will allow you (the scholarship applicant) to be fully knowledgeable of all data elements required to complete the Form.
b) A scholarship applicant may want to complete Application Form field entries first within a Microsoft Word document, as one WILL NOT have the ability to save any information within this Form before submitting it. This will also allow the scholarship applicant to perform spelling and grammar checks.
c) All field entries marked with a red asterisk are mandatory data elements within the Application Form.
d) When entering data into some form fields, highlighted guidance in light gray will show to the right of the form field. Please use this guidance when completing that form field.
e) Because there is NO save feature, the scholarship applicant must complete the entire Application Form at one time.
e) Please review your application for clarity and completeness before pressing the "SUBMIT" button at the bottom of the Application Form.
Completed scholarship applications will only be accepted during the scholarship application acceptance period (February 02, 2018 through April 06, 2018).
Additional information concerning the scholarship application process is located at http://psessf.org/ScholarshipApplication.html.
Thank you for submitting your application to the SAME Seattle Post/PSE&SSF Scholarship Program. Your time and effort are appreciated.
If anyone has any questions concerning the application or Seattle Post scholarship process, please feel free to contact me by email or phone.
Thanks again, John
Thank you Letters from Past Scholarship Awardees