1) Find a SAME Post POC (local chapter of the Society)
- Students should apply to the Post nearest their home
- Select the appropriate Post Point of Contact
- Alternately you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
2) Contact someone at your local Post to introduce yourself and tell them you are interested in attending an SAME Engineering & Construction Camp.
- Be sure to ask for the Engineering & Construction Camp Point of Contact for the Post.
- Clarify with that Point of Contact when the application is due and for which camp you are applying.
- The application process is completely electronic. You do not need to meet the Post Point of Contact in-person to apply for a camp.
3) If you are unable to find a sponsoring Post, don’t give up hope! Send your application directly to the Camp Registrar, Erin Ingersoll, at email@example.com. SAME will review all un-sponsored students and attempt to select qualified students for sponsorship either at the national level or by connecting them with another SAME Post. The student will need to pay, at a minimum, $300 of the registration fee. In the event we are not able to connect a selected student to a post or secure other funding, the student will be responsible for the fund tuition of $600 and airfare. Students on the national sponsorship list will be notified whether or not they have a sponsorship about 6 weeks prior to the camp date.
4) If you have questions regarding a camp please contact:
5) Complete the Application Packet found below and submit to your local Post Point of Contact by the required deadline.
6) The 2018 cost of the USAF and USMC camp is $600. No payment is required until after final selection. Upon selection, contact your sponsoring post POC for stipend offered. For most SAME Posts, students selected for a camp will receive a scholarship to pay for ½ of their tuition fee of $600. The post may cover the airfare.
7) The Post will then send your completed application packet in for national review to the SAME Camps. This is a two-tiered acceptance process: first you must be approved and nominated by your Post; then accepted Post candidates are reviewed for acceptance in the national pool for admittance to the camp. Generally, this second-tier review is only meant as a quality control check to ensure that the applicant meets the criteria. Due to the increased interest in and the application of highly qualified students, the camp directors will make the final selection of campers based on best qualified, current academic year (possibly selecting a rising junior over a sophomore). Every attempt will be made to accommodate each Post’s primary candidate.
- Do not make any travel arrangements until you have been instructed to do so by the Camp registrar.
- Upon acceptance to the U.S. Air Force Academy Camp and the U.S.M.C. Camp, you will receive directions from the Camp Registrar to upload a digital picture to the camp website. This picture will be used to create the Camp Photo Directory, which is given to each camper at the conclusion of camp.
Download the application form and supplemental forms. Some of the documents have gray boxes in which you can type your response to the question. The boxes will expand as you type. When you have completed a form, you may then print it out. Make sure the forms are filled out and signed by the appropriate parties as indicated. Attach the supplemental materials to the application form and submit your application electronically to your Post.
Application and Additional Required Forms:
Medical Release Form [A recent medical release form or physical fitness report completed for high school sports or another related activity requiring the student to be physically fit may be substituted for this form. Forms are considered current for one year from the time of the exam and must be current throughout the Camp dates. Students can submit a medical release form after receiving acceptance notifications in order to provide a current medical release.]
Emergency Medical Treatment Form [This form authorizes the staff at a camp to treat the camper for any ailment or dispense necessary prescriptions.]
Email completed materials to:
Erin Ingersoll: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail payment to:
SAME Engineering & Construction Camp
[Place Camp Name on This Line]
c/o Erin Ingersoll
18421 38th Dr SE
Bothell, WA 98012
If you have questions about what to do after you apply please contact the Camp Registrar:
Erin Ingersoll: email@example.com.