Joint Engineer Contingency Operations (JECO) Committee
COL Dan Grey, PE., USA (Ret.)
Facilitate discussion among the military services and industry on current joint engineer operations and the issues that need to be addressed for future joint engineer operations.
- Include combatant command engineers, field commanders, training center commanders and supporting contractors.
- Facilitate discussion among the Engineer Officer training centers at AFIT, AES, CECOS and the Marine Corps Center of Excellence on training and education of engineer forces to support the combatant commanders.
The desired end state is the increased relevancy of SAME within the Joint Force and Component Engineer Communities.
2011 Engineer Warfighting Workshop
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Crowne Plaza Hotel, San Diego, Calif.
Daylong program of briefings and panel discussions addressing Marine Corps combat engineer force structure, policy and training, and recent experiences by USMC engineer and Seabee units in Afghanistan.
- Develop the Committee Organization with Vice Chairs who will assist in growing committee membership and developing programs of interest.
- Interface with the Joint Engineer Operations Board and COCOM Engineers to identify issues that SAME can address.
- Assist in the conduct of the Engineer Warfighting Workshop in San Diego in October 2011.
- Assist SAME HQ in providing JECO sessions at the 2012 Peninsula Engineer Conference and 2012 Europe Joint Engineer Training Symposium.
- Provide a chair and session moderators for the Contingency Operations Track at the 2012 JETC.