Post Small Business Liaison Officer Award
The annual Post Small Business Liaison Officer (PSBLO) of the Year Award recognizes the PSBLO whose leadership, support and activities best exemplifies the mission of the Small Business Council.
Eligibility: member of a Post Board of Direction as the named PSBLO or Post Officer to be eligible.
Eminent and notable contributions to small business. The PSBLO Award is based on achieving specific criteria segmented into three focus areas: SAME Post Participation, Small Business Council Participation, and Small Business Advocacy Outside SAME. A minimum of five of the nine criteria factors noted below must be met to qualify for the award.
SAME Post Participation:
1. Implemented Innovative membership recruiting of small businesses.
2. Advocates providing discounts to small businesses for Post or Regional Events.
3. Recognized a small business member or firm via newsletter, newspaper, magazine award, monthly Post meeting.
4. Received Letter(s) of appreciation/commendation from their Post President, a local or national organization or agency for post efforts in small business activity.
Small Business Council Participation:
5. Member of the Small Business Council and have contributed to Conferences, Newsletters, small business Training, Webinars.
6. Attended SAME Small Business Conferences in the past two years and can offer insight on improving the programs.
Small Business Advocacy Outside SAME:
7. Works for a small business
8. Coordinated or assisted a small business event with a Local Government Agency.
9. Assist with conference planning of at least one (1) community small business outreach event.
Nomination Process: May be self-nominated or nominated by a Society member. The nominator will verify that the individual meets the eligibility criteria for the award, and that the nomination package provides information to support each of the nomination criteria and all required information on the nominee. The nominator is responsible for ensuring the package, with endorsement, is received at SAME HQ on or before the application deadline.