Post Leaders Workshop
Aug. 4-6, 2014
Embassy Suites - Alexandria, Old Town
1900 Diagonal Road
Alexandria, VA 22314
2014 Post Leaders Workshop Agenda
What is the Post Leaders Workshop?
- SAME offers two Post Leaders Workshops each year - one in the winter and another in the summer.
- These workshops are organized by the SAME Executive Director and HQ Staff to provide Post Leaders with information on best practices and the SAME Strategic Plan and Goals. Attendees will have the opportunity to share ideas for achieving the goals set forth in the SAME Strategic Plan.
- The workshops also provide Young Members a unique opportunity to work with Post Leaders as well as the National Leadership.
- The SAME President, 1st VP, Regional Vice Presidents and National Committee Chairs are invited to participate at each workshop.
Who should attend?
Regional Vice Presidents
Post Board Members
Post Young Members
Who should register as HQ Sponsored?
SAME HQ will fund up to two attendees from each Post each Calendar Year. The two SAME HQ funded attendees must be one Board member and one Young Member or NCO. Additional attendees may be funded by the Post. Priority should be given to the current or incoming President or other Post Officer that will continue in a Post Leadership position for at least a year following the Post Leaders Workshop.
If your Post has not yet sent their Board Member and/or Young Member, register as HQ Sponsored and receive the following:
Who should register as Post Sponsored?
Which Posts can request a stipend?
- Small Posts can request a stipend for travel costs up to $300. The $300 maximum stipend is available to small Post attendees within the United States including the District of Columbia and the non-contiguous states of Alaska and Hawaii.
- Posts outside of the United States may request a stipend for travel costs up to $500 for Post attendees.
- You must request this subsidy by sending an e-mail to
If you have any questions, please contact Stacy Humes, Post Support,
or 703.549.3800 ext 122.