The Cowart Award
is named in honor of Vice. Adm. Kenneth C. Cowart, U.S. Coast Guard. The Award is presented for outstanding contribution to the U.S. Coast Guard civil engineering and shore facility management programs. This plaque was first awarded for 1968.Criteria
: Outstanding contribution to the U.S. Coast Guard Civil Engineering program.Eligibility
: Awarded annually to a U.S. Coast Guard Civil Engineering and a Facilities Engineering organization.
Click here to review nominations instructions
Past Cowart Plaque Recipients
- 2011 Civil Engineering: Training Center Cape May, Cape May, N.J.
Facilities Engineering: Facility Design & Construction Center Norolk, VA.
- 2010 Civil Engineering: Civil Engineering unit Miami, Miami, Fla.
Facilities Engineering: Coast Guard Yard, Baltimore, Md.
- 2009 Civil Engineering: Civil Engineering Unit Juneau, Alaska
Facilities Engineering: Base Support Unit Portsmouth, VA.
- 2008 Civil Engineering: Facilities Design and Construction Center, Atlantic, Norfolk, Va.
Facilities Engineering: U.S. Coast Guard Academy, New London, Conn.
- 2007 Civil Engineering: Civil Engineering Unit (CEU) Oakland, CA
Facilities Engineering: Integrated Support Command (ISC) Kodiak, AK
- 2006 Civil Engineering: USCG CE Unit Cleveland, OH
Facilities Engineering: Coast Guard Yard, Baltimore, MD
- 2004 Civil Enginering: USCG CE Unit Cleveland, OH
Facilities Engineering: Intergrated Support
Command, Kodiak, AK
- 2003 USCG CE Unit, Providence (for Civil Engineering) and Support Center, Elizabeth City Falilities Engineering Dept. (for Facilities Engineering)
- 2002 CE Association, Facilities Engr. Org., ISS Portsmouth, CEU, Miami
- 2001 USCG Facilities Design and Construction Center, Pacific (for Civil Engineering) and Air Station Borinquen (for Facilities Engineering)
- 2000 USCG Facilities Management Dept. and CE Unit, Providence
- 1996 CE Unit, Oakland
- 1995 USCG Facilities Design and Const. Ctr. (Pacific)
- 1994 CE Unit, Cleveland
- 1993 CG Unit, Providence
- 1992 USCG Facilities Design and Canst. Ctr. (Atlantic)
- 1991 USCG Facilities Design and Const. Ctr. (Pacific)
- 1990 CE Unit, Cleveland
- 1989 USCG Shore Maintenance Detach., Honolulu, HI
- 1988 USCG Shore Maintenance Detach., Miami, FL
- 1987 USCG Facilities Design & Const. Ctr., Pacific
- 1986 CE Branch, 14th CG District, Honolulu, HI
- 1985 CE Branch, 7th CG District, Maimi, FL
- 1984 CE Branch, 9th CG District, Cleveland, OH
- 1983 CE Branch, 8th CG District, New Orleans, LA
- 1982 USCG Training Ctr., Cape May
- 1981 CE Branch, lst CG District
- 1980 CE Branch, 13th CG District
- 1979 CE Branch, 5th CG District
- 1978 CE Branch, Ist CG District
- 1977 CE Branch, 8th CG District
- 1976 Engr. Div., CG Activities, Europe
- 1975 GE Branch, 5th CG District
- 1974 CE Branch, 7th CG District
- 1973 CE Branch, 17th CG District
- 1972 Physical Plant Div., CG Academy, New London, CT
- 1971 CE Branch, 8th CG District
- 1970 CE Branch, l2th CG District
- 1969 CE Branch, 1lth CG District
- 1968 CE Branch, 3rd CG District