Middle East Partnering Workshop and Technology Demonstration
Hosted by the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) and
the SAME International Committee
March 7-8, 2011, Doha Marriott Hotel, Doha, Qatar
Presentations from the 2011 Middle East Workshop and Technology Transfer
U.S. Government Panel
Brig. Gen. Mark Yenter, USA, Director, U.S. Force Afghanistan Joint Forces Engineering Directorate and Commander, Transatlantic Division Forward, Afghanistan
- Acquisition Planning
- Project Design and Procurement Challenges
- Project Management and Operational Issues
- Energy Surety
Get involved in Partnering between DOD and Industry to Support U.S. National Security Requirements in the Middle East!
This timely workshop will offer sessions on current trends in project procurement in the U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) AOR. Lessons learned and procurement strategies to improve the effectiveness of future of U.S. and NATO planning, design, construction, operations and maintenance programs in the Middle East Region will be addressed.
The goals of the Middle East Partnering Workshop are to:
- address impediments challenging effective execution of U.S. and NATO planning, design, construction and operations and maintenances facilities support programs in the CENTCOM AOR;
- provide a forum for candid industry feedback to U.S. government agencies on execution concerns and to provide an open dialogue with regional government officials and industry members on possible changes in acquisition, field oversight and emerging technologies;
- provide industry an opportunity to provide technology demonstrations and presentations that will improve the quality of life and reduce life cycle installation and operating costs;
- produce a conference report detailing specific lessons learned and actionable recommendations for both near-term and long-term program improvements as well as potential lead to policy change.
Thank you to the following sponsors for helping make the 2011 Middle East partnering Workshop and Technology Demonstration a success.
- 77 Construction Contracting & Trading Co.
- Broadband and Networking Consultants Inc.
- Bryan Construction Inc.
- CH2M HILL
- Diverse Services Group LLC
- Dynamic Air Shelters Inc.
- Environmental Security Systems Inc.
- General Dynamics-Armament and Technical Products
- Michael-Bruno LLC
- Performance Contracting Inc.
- SB international LLC
- WESCO Government