Seymour S. Greenfield Company Member Award (Medium Company)
Seymour S. Greenfield Company Member Award is named after former SAME National President Seymour Greenfield and was initiated in 2009. The first award was given at the 2010 Joint Engineer Training Conference.
SAME Company Member in the private sector must be a medium-sized company (101-2,499 employees) and be a Company Member of at least two or more SAME Posts in each of the previous five years. Medium companies that have received this award in the past 5 years are not eligible to submit.
Nomination Criteria: The company will be evaluated based on the extent to which during the previous calendar year:
- Company representatives take on leadership positions at the Post, Region and National level, including Board of Direction, standing committees and conference planning committees.
- Company supports Young Member participation in Society activities and mentoring programs.
- Company supports veteran transition and industry-government engagement activities.
- Company supports K-12, College Outreach and community service activities.
- The number of Posts supporting the nomination with validation of the company's participation during the past year (in the form of attached letters of support).
- The company advertises in SAME publications (The Military Engineer, Real TiME or the Directory of Member Companies & Organizations).
- The company exhibited and sponsored activities/events at SAME National and Region Conferences.
Nomination and Submission Process:
A company must nominate itself for the award. Written referrals from Posts are welcome as part of the nomination package.
- No nominations will be processed without a complete nomination package.
- It is the nominator's responsibility to ensure that the nomination package is successfully completed.
Completed Nomination Packages Include:
- nomination summary detailing how the nominee meets each of the stated criteria
- 250 word citation
- supporting endorsement letters (if required)
- company logo in .jpg or .tif format, at a resolution of 300 dpi