USMC Engineer Senior NCO of the Year
Presented for outstanding contribution to military engineering by a senior non commissioned officer of the U.S. Marine Corps. The award development was a joint effort between SAME and the U.S. Marine Corps Engineering Assoc. and was first awarded in 2009.
Eligibility: Members of the U.S. Marine Corps, regular, reserve, who are senior NCOs serving in engineering.
Criteria: Most outstanding contribution to military engineering through achievement in design, construction, administration, research, or development. MCEA will convene a panel each year to select one staff NCO from four award categories from the MCEA Awards Program
Please contact your chain of command for information about the Uniformed Service Awards nomination process. SAME provides a formal ceremony for recipients.
Past USMC Engineer Senior NCO of the Year Award Recipients:
- 2016 Staff Sgt. Christopher Panko, USMC
- 2015 Gunnery Sgt. Matthew Cornett, USMC
- 2014 Staff Sgt. Aaron S. Evans, USMC
- 2013 Staff Sgt. Charles E. Dishman, USMC
- 2012 Gunnery Sgt. Archie G. Bridges Jr., USMC
- 2011 Gunnery Sgt. Jerry G. Morris, USMC
- 2010 Gunnery Sgt. Eric J. Gonzalez, USMC
- 2009 Staff Sgt. Stephen H. Kuester, USMC
- 2008 Staff Sgt. John R. King, USMC