Local Opportunities... Globally
With more than 100 Posts and Field Chapters located across the world, SAME offers Sustaining Members
the opportunity to connect with decision-makers where you have offices. These local relationships help
government and industry identify pressing needs and develop viable solutions directly where they can
have an impact. Collaboration between many SAME Posts also gives Sustaining Members the chance to
build relationships across larger regional networks. Whether your business takes you to Guam, Germany,
Greater Kansas City, or the Great Basin, SAME Posts are there.
SAME grew from our nation’s experiences in World War I, when more than 11,000 civilian engineers were
called to duty. Upon their return home, many feared the collective knowledge and the cooperation
between the public and private sectors that proved vital to combat success would be lost. Industry and
military leaders pledged to capitalize on the technical lessons and camaraderie shared during their
battlefield experiences, and to sustain cooperation between engineers in military and civil life. SAME was
formed from this vow. Through the support of Sustaining Members, this remains true today.
Reasons to be a Sustaining Member
• Develop relationships with public and private
sector partners in locations around the globe.
• Help identify and solve pressing
challenges facing the A/E/C industry
and the joint engineering community.
• Give back to local communities through
volunteering, corporate responsibility, support
to veterans, and STEM outreach.
• Engage through SAME with other professional
organizations to foster valuable collaboration.
• Lead the discussion on key issues in numerous
technical disciplines and fields of interest.
• Participate in mentoring programs to grow and
develop the next generation of industry leaders.
• Network with decision-makers that can help
take your company to the next level.
• Provide your employees access to cuttingedge
technical workshops and conferences.
• Support your employees’ continuing
education through SAME’s onsite, online, and
on demand learning opportunities.
• Contribute to the professional body of
knowledge through The Military Engineer.
• Access market research to keep your company
attentive to industry trends.
• Receive reduced rates to promote your
products and services across SAME’s platform of
Request Information Today