About SAME Camps
Each summer, SAME Camps provide aspiring engineering students from across the country an opportunity for hands-on learning in collaboration with military engineers and SAME members.
The week-long camps, held in conjunction with the U.S. Army, the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy and the U.S. Marine Corps are designed for high school students who excel in math, science and technology courses and are interested in pursuing engineering, architecture, or a related field in college. The camps are led by a professional staff of engineers from both private industry and the uniformed services. Many former campers have gone on to STEM careers in both the military and civilian capacity and come back to the camp as mentors.
If you are interested, your first step is to determine if you are eligible and then go through the application process for the camp you select.
Am I Eligible?
To qualify for consideration, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 15 years old and have completed their freshman year of high school at the time he/she departs for camp.
- For the US Army Camp you must have completed your sophomore year in high school.
- Be enrolled in school at the time of the camp.
- Be on a high school track that will provide a basis for attending an accredited engineering college or university (i.e., taking appropriate math and science courses).
- Have an intent to pursue a degree in architecture, engineering or a related field.
- Have demonstrated leadership characteristics through participation in extra-curricular activities, sports, and/or community activities.
- Be physically fit and healthy.
- Be of high moral character.
- Students who have attended an SAME Engineering & Construction Camp previously are not eligible to attend another Engineering and Construction Camp.
There are more details on the Camp Application.
Additional Information for the U.S. Air Force Academy Camp:
- If the student is completing their junior year of high school, they must provide proof of an expressed interest in applying to a Service Academy or ROTC Program (this does not include JROTC).
- Proof of being a qualified applicant.
Questions? Contact Eddie Gonzalez.