Please join us for our May Post Meeting! Network with SAME members and learn about the implementation and challenges of a large, fast-tracked large water supply project.
- Presentation: Design Insights for Fast Tracking Construction on a Large Water Supply Project
- Presenter: Kate Stephens, EIT, Stanley Consultants
- When: Wednesday, May 23, 2018
- Where: USACE Chicago District, 231 South LaSalle Street, 16th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604
- Meeting Time: 11:30am (There will be a Board Meeting at 10:30am.) Networking and lunch will begin at 11:30, with the Panel to start at 12.
- Lunch Fee: $15 (on RSVP form, please indicate if any dietary restrictions)
Continuing Education Credits will be offered.
Design Insights for Fast Tracking Construction on a Large Water Supply Project
This presentation details design decisions for a water supply project in Chicagoland with approximately 10 miles of large diameter water transmission main, 5 miles of cured-in-place pipe, 2 pump stations, and a standpipe. All of this is being designed and constructed within 20 months. Key decisions were made to accelerate design and fast track the construction schedule. Insights into pre-procurement, permitting, easement and property acquisition, and others are discussed.
Kate Stephens has been working as a water market E.I.T with Stanley Consultants since August 2015. In May 2017 she was recognized as a Young Water Professional by Water and Waste Digest. She earned a BS in Civil and Environmental Engineering from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in May 2013, and an MS in Environmental Engineering from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in May 2017. Her career goal is to become an expert in wastewater reuse technologies (both for energy and nutrient cycles).