Each year SAME supports camps across the county, including the Engineering & Construction Camps for high school students, to provide students with first-hand experience in STEM. The U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, U.S. Air Force at Scott AFB, U.S. Navy in Port Hueneme, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Research & Development Center in Vicksburg, and the U.S. Marine Corps Base and Engineer School at Camp Lejeune are co-sponsors of the Engineering & Construction camps. Additionally, Posts across the world support from one-day to multi-day camps, extending the reach of the Society to more students.
- Perform as a World Class STEM program
- Recruit at a national level and local level
- Expand the number of camp opportunities to engage more young people
- Ensure high school students continue on a STEM path after high-school
- Foster an alumni network engaged in the work of the Society