Student Membership in SAME
Joining SAME is the best way to be a part of a community of architecture, engineering, and construction industry professionals so you can engage with peers and potential employers, increase your knowledge of the profession, and become a leader. You will understand what it takes to be successful in the profession, explore options for a career path, and develop a network that will serve you for a lifetime.
Whether you’re a high school or college student, want to serve in the uniformed services or be in the private sector; practice architecture, engineering, or related discipline; SAME has the network, opportunities, and resources that support you and foster leadership that will help you build a successful career. Join today and you will:
- Start building a network of mentors and peers who can be a resource and collaborate with you on professional development and job opportunities. You’ll find a direct connection to individuals, future partners, and companies through SAME’s member-only online individual member directory.
- Be eligible for stipends, scholarships, and reimbursement awards for professional credentialing fees offered by our network of posts.
- Learn about internships with SAME member companies, agencies, and organizations via SAME’s Job Board.
- Further your learning and start a foundation for professional success by participating in cutting-edge professional development opportunities through the Virtual Student Chapter.
- Connect with others in various areas of practice or demographic group through SAME’s Communities of Interest.
- Grow as a leader through volunteer opportunities at the local, regional and national levels. Your post can guide you.
- Begin framing your career by attending one of our national conferences: Joint Engineer Training Conference (JETC), Facility Management Workshop (FM Workshop), or Small Business Conference (SBC). Registration is waived for eligible student members.
- Stay informed of industry news and technical advancements with online access to The Military Engineer magazine and Real TiME Newsletter.
- Gain discounts to education and training with other like-minded organizations through SAME’s Strategic Partnerships.
An SAME student membership is free and remains active for as long as you are enrolled in high-school, pursuing an undergraduate degree full time, or enrolled in a licensed trade school program. You must provide your graduation date with your application. Your membership includes membership in one SAME chapter (we call them Posts).
If your school has a student chapter, consider joining as well to give you access to greater engagement with SAME.
Visit the College Outreach Community of Interest for more information about opportunities for student members.
QUESTIONS? Contact: Eddie Gonzalez, College Outreach Program Manager.