SAME Buffalo Post Annual Awards Program
SAME Buffalo Post has initiated its own Annual Awards program, to recognize the professional achievements of its individual and sustaining members. The awards available for nomination are as follows:
• “Post Member of the Year” (one individual award; voted by BOD / members)
• “Distinguished Committee of the Year” (may be a team award; voted by BOD / members)
• “Small Business Sustaining Member of the Year” (company award; voted by BOD / members)
• “Large Business Sustaining Member of the Year” (company award; voted by BOD / members)
Also, Certificates of Recognition may be presented to members for any of the following:
• Recognition for attaining a professional certification
• Recognition for professional achievement within professional career (promotion, award from an employer, etc)
• Recognition for presenting a PDH, workshop, or other training or educational session to SAME members or the community
• Recognition for professional outreach activities within the community, particularly STEM
• Recognition for recruiting new members to the Post
• Recognition for volunteer service (could include but not be limited to STEM outreach, tutoring, mentoring, river walk cleanup, Habitat for Humanity, merit badge counseling, etc)
Lastly, SAME Pins will be issued to active members as follows:
• Service year pins (5, 10, 15, 25, 50 years) – presented as applicable
• Life / Fellow pins – presented as applicable
As a new awards program, there is no specific criteria for a nomination. As this program develops over time as becomes more competitive, new criteria may be added.
Nominations are requested in narrative or outline form, in Word or PDF format, and are due to Phil Stitzinger (email@example.com) by February 1 of each year. Please use “SAME Buffalo Post Awards Program Nomination” in the subject line.
The Board will consider nominations and vote during the February – April meetings. Awards will be scheduled for presentation at the annual Buffalo Post Industry Day event beginning May 2016.