Carolina Midlands Post Education Program
Our Mission is to support qualified and interested students pursuing an education and subsequent career in engineering, architecture, science, math, or a related field of study through a competitive and merit based scholarship program, while promoting the achievement of both educational and personal goals, and furthering the mission of the Society of American Military Engineers (Build leaders and lead collaboration among government and industry to develop multi-disciplined solutions to national security infrastructure challenges.).
- Graduating high school senior or individuals otherwise accepted to an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Resident of Fairfield, Lexington, Richland, Sumter or surrounding counties, and/or a member, spouse, or child of a member of the Carolina Midlands Post.
- G.P.A. of 3.0 (4.0 Scale) or greater (for high school and college).
- Accepted or confirmed enrollment in an accredited U.S. college or university, studying engineering, architecture, science, math, or a related field of study in 2019-2020.
- Academic achievement, leadership (in school, civic, sports, etc.), & extracurricular activities.
May 15th: Application Deadline
June 12th: Notification of award (date approximate) (via email) to scholarship recipients.
July 14th: Presentation of scholarships to recipients at the monthly (2nd Tuesday) SAME Post Meeting. The post will be awarding two $1,000 scholarships this year. Recipient attendance for the awards luncheon is encouraged, but not required.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, you must submit the following:
- Completed application form (custom formatting is acceptable provided it adheres to application content and order).
- A current copy of your high school or college transcript (including recently completed terms).
- One letter of recommendation from an advisor, counselor, instructor, professor, supervisor, or professional peer; include reference contact information (Name/Position/Phone No.).
- One essay, 2-3 pages double-spaced, explaining your interest in engineering or a related field of study and describing your academic, athletic, social, professional (if applicable) and extra-curricular activities and achievements.
- Copy of ACT or SAT scores (graduating high school applicants).
- Copy of acceptance letter from college or university (graduating high school or otherwise currently non-enrolled applicants).
The above-listed information must be received in hard-copy format by May 4th, 2020, at
the following address:
AECOM Technical Services, Inc.
Attn: Scott Ross – AECOM
101 Research Drive
Columbia, SC 29203
The Carolina Midlands SAME Board & Education Committee encourages anyone attending or accepted to an accredited college or university to apply; however, the Eligibility Criteria and application requirements will be utilized in selection. The Board of Carolina Midlands SAME will make a competitive selection with no regard to race, color, creed, age, sex, or national origin.