Society of American Military Engineers - Charleston Post
2017 SAME Charleston Post Scholarships
The SAME Charleston Post is seeking candidates for the 2017/2018 Scholarship Program with several scholarships of at least $1,000 each. Interested persons may contact Christopher J. Hinson, P.E. at 843-875-3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission: To aid qualified and interested students who desire an education and career in engineering, architecture, science, math, or a related field of study through a competitive and merit based scholarship program, while promoting the achievement of both educational and personal goals, and furthering the mission of the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME).
1. Graduating high school senior or undergraduate college student.
2. Must be a resident of Charleston, Berkeley, or Dorchester County, or be a member, spouse, or child of a member of the Charleston Post or member of the Citadel Student Chapter.
3. G.P.A. of 3.0 (4.0 scale) or greater for high school and college.
4. Accepted or confirmed enrollment in an accredited U.S. college/university or Trident Technical College 2+2 transfer program (honoring USAF Colonel Richard Kent’s many contributions to the SAME scholarship and TTC 2+2 programs) studying undergraduate engineering, architecture, science, math, or a related field of study in 2017/2018.
1. SAT and/or ACT test results
2. 2 recommendations by advisor/counselor and/or instructor/professor (include Name/Position/Phone No./Email)
3. 2-3 page double-spaced essay describing explaining your interest in engineering or a related field of study.
4. Acceptance letter from college or university
5. Academic background and achievement to include high school/college transcripts
6. Leadership (in school, civic, academic achievement etc)
7. Extra-curricular activities
The board of Charleston SAME officers will make competitive selection with no regard to race, color, creed, sex, or national origin.
April 1: Application Deadline
May 25: Notification to scholarship recipients (approximate date)
June 15: Presentation of scholarships at monthly SAME Post Meeting (payments made directly to educational institution).
The full application can be found here.