January 2018 - December 2018 Programs
About Our Programs
The Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) Houston-Galveston Post is seeking annual sponsors at the beginning of our program calendar year. Annual sponsorships are designed to encourage participation and attendance for all of our programs and events while continuing to provide true value back to our Sustaining Member Firms and individual members. Below is a brief description of what each sponsorship item includes:
· Public Agency Banquet – the Public Agency Banquet is held in June and honors the Public Agency of the Year and Sustaining Firms (Large & Small). The sponsorship includes a reserved half table (Silver – 4 seats) or full table (Gold/Platinum – 8 seats) with your company’s name displayed prominently in the center of the table. The Post will reserve two (2) of the eight seats to seat public agency members as your guests. Some of the public agencies represented in past banquets included HCFCD, City of Houston, TxDOT, Port Houston, Coastal Water Authority, and more.
· Officer Installation Banquet – the Officer Installation Banquet is held in January and honors the Post Outstanding Member and Young Member of the Year. In addition, the Post conducts a change of command by installing the new Board of Directors and Post President. The sponsorship includes a reserved half (Silver – 4 seats) or full table (Gold/Platinum – 8 seats) with your company’s name displayed prominently in the center of the table. The Post will reserve two (2) of the eight seats to seat public agency members as your guests.
· Kenneth J. Haveman Scholarship Golf Tournament – the annual golf tournament is the single largest fundraiser for our scholarship program. In July of each year, the Scholarship Selection Committee will award approx. $20,000 in scholarships to both full time college students and high school students beginning their first year of college. The golf tournament is scheduled for November 2018. The Platinum level will include an Executive Golf Package, which includes a 4-member team (3 plus 1 Public Agency Guest), hole sponsor, mulligans and a player gift package. Lunch and dinner is provided.
· Sustaining Member Firms’ Appreciation Breakfast – this event is by invitation ONLY and held in appreciation of our Sustaining Member Firms. Attendance is typically limited to one (1) representative from each current Sustaining Member Firm affiliated with the Houston-Galveston Post. As a Platinum Sponsor, each Sustaining Member Firm will be allowed two (2) representatives. Speakers in the past have included TxDOT Houston District Engineer Quincy Allen, Harris County Judge Ed Emmett, and other local leaders.
· Sporting Clay Shoot Tournament – SAME partners with Lone Star Veterans to host the annual clay shoot tournament. At our first tournament in October 2016, we hosted over 12 teams with 12 veterans and public agency guests participating. The tournament is scheduled for May 2018 at American Shooting Centers. The Platinum level will include a 4-member team (3 plus 1 Military Veteran Guest) and mulligans. Dinner will be provided.