Our Mission Statement
Our primary mission is to bring together for social interaction and professional development Engineers, and those in engineering-related fields, in the Public-sector and in the Private-sector who are involved in programs and projects that benefit our Nation.
Our secondary mission is to promote an understanding of and appreciation for the engineering related disciplines, and to help the young people in our communities be better prepared to become our future engineers.
Our goals to accomplish this mission are as follows:
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings to allow for social interaction and presentation of technical and/or educational topics.
- Conduct special events to help fund Post-sponsored activities such as the Youth Scholarship Program.
- Annually award three or more scholarships and one or more education grants.
- Establish a meaningful Youth Mentorship Program to help the youth in our society to understand and better prepare themselves for engineering-related career opportunities.
Why We Want YOU To Join Us
We want you, either as an Individual Member or as a Sustaining Member Firm/Agency, to join our Post for the following reasons:
- Mutual benefit of broadening our depth of expertise and your exposure to a wide range of professionals in your career field.
- We can offer you ample opportunities to interact with a wide variety of government, military, and private-sector engineers.
- You can attend or participate in professional, technical, and educational workshops and conferences, some of which may be eligible for Professional Development Hour (PDH) credit.
- And, you can help us to reach out and help the youth in our community to become the future engineers.
Please remember, our objectives are to promote professional and social interaction amongst a wide range of engineering-related folks, to promote the technical and educational development of our members, and to improve and increase the engineering capabilities of the nation.
To do this ... we need people like YOU!
The Society of American Military Engineers is the only nonprofit professional engineering education organization that actively promotes the advancement of both individual technical knowledge and the collective engineering capabilities of governments, the uniformed services and private industry.
Our goal is to unite public and private sector entities and individuals in the A/E/C fields so that we can prepare for and overcome natural and man made disasters, acts of terrorism, and improve security at home and abroad.
The Minneapolis–Saint Paul Post accomplishes this goal locally by supporting monthly luncheon meetings and other professional/social activities attended by members of local government, military, private industry, students and other interested parties. These meetings are announced via our e-mail distribution list and quarterly newsletter. We are supported by the national Society of American Military Engineers and publications such as The Military Engineer, which also promotes the interests and goals of our society and its members. Please peruse our website to discover the benefits of SAME Minneapolis-Saint Paul Post membership.