2021 Habitat for Humanity
The 2021 Habitat for Humanity Event (HFH) volunteer event will occur on:
Friday, October 15 | 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Volunteers are asked to show up on time and stay the entire work-day (for production and safety purposes, split shifts are not allowed)
Location: 3247 Irving Ave N, Minneapolis
Build Type: New Construction
*All volunteers must sign up before the build.
The MSP Post chairman for the event is Kenton Spading. You can reach him at: KSpading@Comcast.net or text or call him at 651-272-7970.
- If you are an Existing User, click “sign in” in the upper right-hand corner and then log in to your account.
- If you are a New User you will need to create a Habitat for Humanity account.
- Click “Create an Account” in the upper right-hand corner to create a new profile
- Choose a username and password
- Leave the Join Code field blank
- Fill out the required information, including your emergency contact
- Sign Up
- The above TCHabitat web link will take you to the Friday, October 15 volunteer opportunity located at 3247 Irving Ave N, Minneapolis. Choose “sign up”. You will then be prompted to sign the volunteer liability waiver.
- You will receive an email confirming that you have registered for the event. This email will have specific instructions and volunteer guidelines for the day. You will also receive a reminder email shortly before your volunteer day.
HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION:
- Please take a moment to read the following before your build day:
- Masks are required for all volunteers and other visitors for interior work locations, regardless of vaccination status.
- Masks are encouraged, but optional, for fully vaccinated volunteers and other visitors/guests for exterior work locations, unless social distancing is not possible.
- Masks are required for unvaccinated volunteers and other visitors/guests.
- Please bring your own mask. Masks will be provided for those who don’t bring them.
- Bring work gloves to use during the build. All sites will have gloves available for use.
- We will have hand-washing stations (even on sites without running water) for frequent use throughout the day.
- Volunteers will be asked to limit sharing tools when possible.
- Volunteers must wear a sturdy, closed toe, closed heel shoe to participate (tennis shoes or work boots work great).
- Please bring a few filled water bottles, we will have single use plastic water bottles on site.
- Lunch is not provided by Habitat. If your group is not providing lunch, please bring your own. Volunteers are discouraged from leaving the site for lunch.
- Volunteers can visit local restaurants for lunch.
- Youth under the age of 16 are not allowed on-site. If you will have any 16 or 17-year-olds on site, they must be accompanied by an adult 21 or older.
- New this year – You can share your photos and view others easily! Please visit www.yogile.com/3247irvingave or email: email@example.com
Important Parking Instructions: Help us be friendly neighbors when you’re parking for your volunteer day. Please find an open parking spot on the street without blocking neighborhood mailboxes. If the mail carrier cannot easily drive directly up to the mailbox and have room to leave, mail will not be delivered.
Thank you for your commitment to Habitat’s families and mission. We appreciate your continued support and trust as we navigate these challenges together. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Volunteer Guidelines: What you need to know
View pictures from the 2019 event