Habitat for Humanity: Volunteer Guidelines
No construction experience is needed, just a willingness to work hard and to learn!
What to wear:
- Sturdy shoes that are closed toe and heel (work boots preferred, sneakers are acceptable)
- Crocs, Keens, Ballet Flats, UGG Boots, etc. are not safe
- You may be sent home if inappropriate footwear is worn
- Clothing you don't mind getting torn or dirty
- Dress for the weather and wear layers. In the winter, most work is inside, but there will be projects or supplies outside at times, be prepared
What to bring:
- Water Bottle - drinking water will be available
- Tools and protective gear are provided, if you'd like to bring your own, please make sure they're labeled
- Please bring your own gloves!
For safety reasons, youth under the age of 16 are not allowed to volunteer on an active construction site. We require one adult leader (21+) for every group of four 16-18 year olds volunteering onsite.
Please remember that these are active construction sites. Safe work sites will ensure a fun and productive day!