About the Post
The Society of American Military Engineers is the only nonprofit professional engineering education organization that actively promotes the advancement of both individual technical knowledge and the collective engineering capabilities of governments, the uniformed services and private industry.
Our goal is to unite public and private sector entities and individuals in the A/E/C fields so that we can prepare for and overcome natural and man made disasters, acts of terrorism and improve security at home and abroad.
The Mt. Tacoma Post accomplishes this goal locally by supporting monthly luncheon meetings and other professional/social activities attended by members of local government, military, private industry, students and other interested parties. These meetings are announced via our e-mail distribution list and quarterly newsletter. We are supported by the national Society of American Military Engineers and publications such as The Military Engineer, which also promotes the interests and goals of our society and its members. Please peruse our website to discover the benefits of SAME Mt. Tacoma Post membership.
Mission, Vision, Values
The Society of American Military Engineers (SAME), the premier professional military engineering association in the United States, unites architecture, engineering construction (A/E/C), facility management and environmental entities and individuals in the public and private sectors to prepare for—and overcome—natural and manmade disasters, and to improve security at home and abroad.
The SAME Mission
“Build leaders and lead collaboration among government and industry to develop multidisciplined solutions to national security infrastructure challenges.”
The SAME Vision
“Serve our nation as the foremost integrator for leadership development and technical collaboration within the A/E/C profession.”
The SAME Values
- Integrity: Unwavering commitment to always do what is right, regardless of consequences.
- Patriotism: Support our national ideals and take pride in our country.
- Public Service: Recognize the critical contribution that public servants make in supporting the economic and environmental needs of the nation.
- National Security: Recognize the dedication of our national security team, comprised of the uniformed services, civil service and contractors, in defending freedom.
- Technical Competence: Deliver high-quality solutions.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest standards of performance in all actions, both personal and professional.
- Environmental Stewardship: Preserve, protect, conserve and restore our national resources through sustainable development.