The Panama City SAME Post manages a variety of programs designed to support SAME national objectives. Programs range from professional development of existing members, sustaining member involvement, interaction with community and other organizations, and developing young and future engineers. Don't forget fun with the annual SAME STEM Scholarship Golf tournament too! Post programs follow guidelines set out in national Streamer Awards which define program goals and objectives for each post.
2020 Scholarship Program
The purpose of the Panama City Post Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to local high school and college students who are pursuing a degree or certificate in the fields of study related to engineering or architecture. The number of scholarships granted and total dollar amount is dependent on quality and quantity of applications received. Typical awards are between $1250 and $1700. Students who win a scholarship in one year may apply for another scholarship in following years. Students eligible for our scholarship program include:
- Seniors at high schools in Bay County, Calhoun County, and Gulf County
- Students at Gulf Coast State College (GCSC), Florida State University-Panama City (FSU-PC)
- Students at other institutes of higher learning but whose family lives in the local area
- Previous Panama City Post scholarship recipients from Bay County, Calhoun County, or Gulf County for the duration of their undergraduate program, regardless of the family's location.
All eligible students must attend or plan to attend a 2-year or 4-year accredited college/university to study engineering or architecture. Selection criteria include:
- Academic achievements
- School and community involvement
- Personal motivation
- Commitment to a career in engineering or architecture
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM SCHEDULE:
- Application solicitation to schools and former scholarship applicants in January 2020
- Students obtain application from school’s guidance counselor or Post’s web site
- Post receives completed applications by April 15, 2020
- Update: Due to the current situation with COVID-19, the deadline to submit applications via email to the POST POC or postmark the application, has been extended to April 15, 2020. Please contact the POST POC with any questions or concerns.
Scholarship Committee Chairperson
The Society of American Military Engineers (S.A.M.E.)
Panama City Post
Post Office Box 40066
Tyndall AFB FL, 32403-0066
POST POC: Amabelle Paquia, APaquia@drmp.com
4. Scholarship committee reviews and makes selections in May 2020
5. Scholarship certificates given out at high school Recognition events, if possible
6. Winners and Parents are invited and recognized at a SAME luncheon, as appropriate during Spring and Summer
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM RESOURCES:
SAME has been conducting STEM Engineering & Construction Camps for almost 20 years. Our STEM camps are world-class and feature a very impressive record of producing thousands of engineers and STEM graduates. Our camps are for high school students and generally feature hands-on activities, conducted in a competitive environment, promoting teamwork, leadership, project management, and problem solving. Each of our camps have a unique curriculum with the common thread being a challenging environment and hands-on activities. This year's camps include:
- May 31-June 5, 2020: BSA Exploring Engineering Academy, Atlanta, GA.
- June 14-20, 2020: US Army Camp, Vicksburg, MS.
- June 21-27, 2020: US Marine Corps Camp, Camp Lejeune, NC.
- June 24-30, 2020: US Air Force Academy Camp, USAF Academy - Colorado Springs, CO.
- July 20-25, 2020: US Air Force Engineering and Construction Camp, Scott AFB, IL.
- Session I: July 5-10; Session II: July 12-17, 2020: US Coast Guard Academy Introduction Mission Program, USCG Academy New London, CT.
See SAME National Site for Application Deadlines: https://www.same.org/STEMCAMPS/Camps
Click here to apply!
Quarterly Newsletters & Other Documents
Panama City Post Awards Program
Historical Events 2018-2019
2019 Special Networking Event
When: Wednesday, May 1, 2019, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
MATHCOUNTS is a nationwide motivational program designed to stimulate 7th and 8th grade students' interest in mathematics and mathematics-related careers through hands-on guidance in the classroom and by organizing and conducting multilevel competitions.
February 15, 2019
FSU-Holley Center, Panama City
Volunteers Needed from 8:15am to 12:30pm
Coffee, donuts, and pizza will be provided to Volunteers.
Sign up to Volunteer by contacting one of the following people:
Click here for more information about the MATHCOUNTS Foundation.
We thank you for your support of STEM in our community!
Tri-Regional Joint Engineer Training Symposium (JETS)
September 12-14, 2018
The 2018 Southeastern Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) Tri-Regional Joint Engineer Training Symposium (JETS) is the premier SAME event for the region including the states of FL, GA, AL, MS, KY, TN, NC and SC. The event was held at the Baytown Conference Center located in the beautiful Sandestin Resort just east of Destin, Florida.
2018 Panama City Post Industry Day & STEM Scholarship Golf Tournament
STEM Golf Tournament
May 2, 2018
Holiday Golf Club
100 Fairway Blvd, Panama City Beach, FL
Mission Assurance & Resiliency - Fortifying Installations & Infrastructure
May 2-3, 2018
Edgewater Beach & Golf Resort Conference Center
520 Richard Jackson Blvd, Panama City Beach, FL
CLICK HERE FOR SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION. PROCEEDS FUND PANAMA CITY POST EDUCATION & MENTOR PROGRAMS.
Click Here FOR INDUSTRY DAY AGENDA
Attendees were emailed a link to the presentations. If you attended and did not receive the email please contact Ms. Judy Biddle at firstname.lastname@example.org