The Panama City SAME Post manages a variety of programs designed to support SAME national objectives. Programs range from professional development of existing members, sustaining member involvement, interaction with community and other organizations, and developing young and future engineers. Don't forget fun with the annual SAME STEM Scholarship Golf tournament too! Post programs follow guidelines set out in national Streamer Awards which define program goals and objectives for each post.
2018 South Central / South Atlantic Joint Engineer Training Symposium (SC/SA JETS)
The 2018 South Central/South Atlantic Joint Engineer Training Symposium (SC/SA JETS) will be held September 12-14 in Sandestin, Florida. This event is being co-hosted by the Emerald Coast Post and Panama City Post and serves as one of the largest STEM and Scholarship fundraisers for the posts. We have two and a half great days planned with exciting and informative events. Day one starts with a STEM Scholarship Golf Tournament and ends with an icebreaker. The next day and a half is filled with informative presentations and technical sessions presented by the foremost experts at The Baytowne Conference Center in the world-class Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. The theme for JETS is "Ensuring National Readiness." This reflects our major thrust divided into three tracks: Emergency Management, Cyber Security for Facilities and Industrial Control Systems, and Project Delivery. We are confident these relevant subjects and technical sessions will provide all attendees current and valuable information. Just as important, the event provides networking opportunities to serve as a bridge between the government and private sectors. The agenda includes senior government officials and leaders in the industry. Please consider getting your company recognized by taking advantage of the limited sponsorship opportunities. Your support is paramount to helping us raise funds for our Posts' STEM Grants, Engineering/ Construction Camps, and Engineering Scholarships!
CLICK HERE for the 2018 SC/SA JETS website with schedule, sponsorship, and registration information!
2018 Scholarship Program
The purpose of the Panama City Post Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to local high school and college students who are pursuing a degree or certificate in the fields of study related to engineering or architecture. The number of scholarships granted and total dollar amount is dependent on quality and quantity of applications received. Typical awards are between $1000 and $1500. Students who win a scholarship in one year may apply for another scholarship in following years. Students eligible for our scholarship program include:
- Seniors at high schools in Bay County, Calhoun County, and Gulf County
- Students at Gulf Coast State College (GCSC), Florida State University-Panama City (FSU-PC)
- Students at other institutes of higher learning but whose family lives in the local area
- Previous Panama City Post scholarship recipients from Bay County, Calhoun County, or Gulf County for the duration of their undergraduate program, regardless of the family's location.
All eligible students must attend or plan to attend a 2-year or 4-year accredited college/university to study engineering or architecture. Selection criteria include:
- Academic achievements
- School and community involvement
- Personal motivation
- Commitment to a career in engineering or architecture
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM SCHEDULE:
- Application solicitation to schools and former scholarship applicants in January 2018
- Students obtain application from school’s guidance counselor or Post’s web site
- Post receives completed applications by April 13, 2018
- Scholarship committee reviews and makes selections in April 2018
- Scholarship certificates given out at high school Recognition events, if possible
- Invite winners and parents to a SAME luncheon, as appropriate during spring and summer
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM RESOURCES:
SAME has been conducting STEM Engineering & Construction Camps for almost 20 years. Our STEM camps are world-class and feature a very impressive record of producing thousands of engineers and STEM graduates. Our camps are for high school students and generally feature hands-on activities, conducted in a competitive environment, promoting teamwork, leadership, project management, and problem solving. Each of our camps have a unique curriculum with the common thread being a challenging environment and hands-on activities. This year's camps include:
- April 6-8, 2018: US Marine Corps Spring Camp, 29 Palms, CA. Application deadline March 1, 2018
- June 3-8, 2018: Exploring Engineering Academy, Atlanta, GA. Application Deadline May 15, 2018
- June 10-16, 2018: US Army Camp, Vicksburg, MS. Application Deadline April 1, 2018
- June 17-23, 2018: US Marine Corps Camp, Camp Lejeune, NC. Application Deadline April 1, 2018
- June 26-July 2, 2018: US Air Force Academy Camp, USAF Academy - Colorado Springs, CO. Application Deadline April 1, 2018
- July 23-28, 2018: US Air Force Camp, Scott AFB, IL. Application Deadline April 1, 2018
- July 15-20, 2018: US Coast Guard Academy Introduction Mission Program, USCG Academy New London, CT. Application Deadline March 14, 2018
Click here to apply!
MATHCOUNTS is a nationwide motivational program designed to stimulate 7th and 8th grade students' interest in mathematics and mathematics-related careers through hands-on guidance in the classroom and by organizing and conducting multilevel competitions. Since its founding in 1983, more than 4 million students have participated in the program. An average of 350,000 students from 7000 schools participate each year assisted by more than 17,000 volunteers who coach the students and conduct the more than 500 local competitions. The regional MATHCOUNTS event was held this year on Friday, 23 February 2018, at the FSU Holley Center, and was a huge success. Thank you to all the volunteers who helped this years event. Volunteers were provided morning donuts and coffee, as well as a pizza lunch.
STEM Golf Tournament
May 2, 2018
Holiday Golf Club
100 Fairway Blvd, Panama City Beach, FL
Mission Assurance & Resiliency - Fortifying Installations & Infrastructure
May 2-3, 2018
Edgewater Beach & Golf Resort Conference Center
520 Richard Jackson Blvd, Panama City Beach, FL
CLICK HERE FOR SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION. PROCEEDS FUND PANAMA CITY POST EDUCATION & MENTOR PROGRAMS.
Click Here FOR INDUSTRY DAY AGENDA
Attendees were emailed a link to the presentations. If you attended and did not receive the email please contact Ms. Judy Biddle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Quarterly Newsletters & Other Documents
Panama City Post Awards Program