Philadelphia Post is Celebrating 100 Years!
The Society of American Military Engineers 1920-2020
Join us in Celebrating SAME’s Centennial all year long!
The Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) National and the Philadelphia Post will be celebrating our Centennial in 2020. There will be opportunities at events and on our website for you to join the celebration by telling your company’s story. Whether you are a young Small Business or one of Philadelphia’s Oldest Engineering firms we want to hear your firm’s story. Celebrate all year long with SAME as we prepare for our second century of service to our nation and profession.
SAME leads collaborative efforts to identify and resolve national security infrastructure-related challenges. Founded in 1920, SAME unites public and private sector individuals and organizations from across the architecture, engineering, construction, environmental and facility management, cyber security, project planning, contracting and acquisition fields, and related disciplines in support of national security.
“We are establishing at this time a Society of American Military Engineers. This society will serve no selfish purpose. It is dedicated to patriotism and national security. Its objects are, in brief, to promote solidarity and co-operation between engineers in civil and military life, to disseminate technical knowledge bearing upon progress in the art of war and the application of engineering science thereto, and to preserve and maintain the best standards and traditions of the profession, all in the interests of patriotism and national security.”
–The Military Engineer magazine, January 1920
With these words, published just 13 months after the end of World War I, SAME was established. SAME helped ensured that thereafter that readiness would become an ideal as American as liberty. While the organization has grown and evolved over the last 95 years, its purpose has not changed. SAME is the premier engineering association in the United States bringing together public and private sector professionals to build connections, share lessons learned, and develop solutions to strengthen our national security.
SAME, as it approaches its 100th anniversary in 2020, has grown alongside its members. The organization now boasts a leading program of conferences, workshops, symposiums, and professional development and networking opportunities. SAME’s membership comprises 30,000 professionals representing the uniformed services as well as numerous state, local and federal government agencies, nonprofit associations, academic institutions, and private sector firms all working to guide the future of the A/E/C profession and its contributions to the protection of our nation.
Join the Centennial celebration and tell us your firm’s story!
Take advantage of the opportunity to market your firm ALL YEAR LONG!
Join us as we look forward to the next century of service dedicated to our national security.
SAME CENTENNIAL - ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES FOR 2020
• Have your firm listed throughout the year on the Post’s website as one of the Run to 2020 Centennial Sponsors with a hyperlink to your firm’s website. (Provide a 100-word description of your firm’s history)
• Be highlighted for one Month on the SAME Philadelphia Post website, Facebook page, and sponsor that Month's event. Event sponsor includes recognition of your firm at the meeting with the placement of your firm's small pop-up display and the opportunity to address attendees. (DCHWS not included)
• Your company’s logo displayed at every event in 2020 on table top displays.
• All Centennial Sponsors will be recognized during the dinner event at DCHWS on April 2, 2020.
• We will conclude 2020 with a December networking and member appreciation event with free exhibit space to members.
Cost for participation, Open to SAME Member Firms Only
$700.00 Large Business
$450.00 Small Business
Available Events to Sponsor
- January- Army Day
- February- Scholarship Night
- March- Small Business Conference
- May- Navy Day
- September- Awards and Member Appreciation
- November- Resiliency Day
Proceeds from this sponsorship campaign will fund the Philadelphia Post’s Centennial Scholarship for High School Students pursuing STEM, open to SAME Members and their immediate family.