1. SAME Veterans Transition program is committed to assisting our Veterans with meaningful business connections throughout our membership base to help them find employment opportunities within the engineering, architectural, planning, construction, and environmental sectors.
What do YOU need to do?
· Become a member of SAME and participate in our events
· Network with our member base and learn what expertise is needed at various firms
· Attend our annual Veterans Celebration ( hosted in late October 2019 )
Let us know if we can offer to assist in your search. Come to our meetings with your resume in hand and see what great opportunities are ahead for you.
2. We have a strong and deep commitment to honoring those who serve, who wore, and wear, the uniforms of our great country. In that connection it is the honor of the Seattle SAME Post and it’s Veteran’s Assistance Committee to host our annual Veteran’s Day Luncheon. This year’s event took place on Friday, October 26th, 2018 at Bahama Breeze in Tukwila, Washington.
The event celebrates Veterans from all services and time frames with a delicious free lunch and the opportunity to speak, listen and mingle with fellow Veterans. This year’s event featured presentations from two Seattle SAME Post Engineers who spoke on their project management and design experience in combat zones.
L. David Tyner, III, Chair Seattle SAME Post, Veteran Assistance Committee and Committee Chair, Monica Manthey led the opening of the event with our National Anthem followed by TAPS , played by the JBLM, McChord AFB, Color Guard. Recently deceased, Airborne Infantryman Steve Manthey, Vietnam Veteran, Bronze Star and Purple Heart recipient, Senator John McCain, and former Seattle SAME Post President, Thom Booth were remembered for their service to community and country.
Kyle M. Crass, P.E. ( LCDR USN ) Seattle District USACE and Ray Spees, Captain, U.S. Army 173rd Airborne, President, Spees Design Build, spoke on their duties and challenges serving in the Afghanistan and Middle East Theaters, respectively. Their presentations were inspiring and educational and reminded all in attendance of the sacrifices Veterans and their families make as we serve our country.
Senator Marie Cantwell sent her staff representative of Veteran Services, Washington State and Mayor of Tukwila Allan Ekberg former USAF Veteran, and former Army retired councilmember Joe Duffie spoke on behalf of Veterans and their service to our country.
Seattle Board member Monica Manthey was presented with the Regional Vice Presidents award for outstanding service to SAME and the Seattle post.
The event allowed all Veterans in attendance to speak and discuss any item they wished. Great discussion and camaraderie were the order of the day.