1. SAME Veterans Transition program is committed to assisting our Veterans with meaningful business connections throughout our membership base to help them find employment opportunities within the engineering, architectural, planning, construction, and environmental sectors.
What do YOU need to do?
· Become a member of SAME and participate in our events
· Network with our member base and learn what expertise is needed at various firms
· Attend our annual Veterans Celebration ( Friday, October 26, 2018 from noon-2pm)
Let us know if we can offer to assist in your search. Come to our meetings with your resume in hand and see what great opportunities are ahead for you.
2. We have a strong and deep commitment to honoring those who serve, who wore, and wear, the uniforms of our great country. In that connection it is the honor of the Seattle SAME Post and it’s Veteran’s Assistance Committee to host our annual Veteran’s Day Luncheon. This year’s event will take place on Friday, October 26th, 2018.
The luncheon allows Veterans to speak about their service to country and fellowship with fellow Veterans. The program is very dynamic opening with the pledge of Allegiance, playing of TAPS for those who have passed on. We remember them and their service as the program also features two Veteran speakers who recall Project Management, Construction, Design tasks completed over the decades, in both combat and non-combat arenas.
This event is scheduled to honor Veterans a few weeks before the National Veteran’s Day Holiday. Fifty spaces are set aside and RSVP’s tend to exhaust available spaces within a day or two of our Event Announcement, which will be sent out in July 2018.