About the St. Louis Post
The Society of American Military Engineers is the only nonprofit professional engineering education organization that actively promotes the advancement of both individual technical knowledge and the collective engineering capabilities of governments, the uniformed services and private industry.
Our goal is to unite public and private sector entities and individuals in the A/E/C fields so that we can prepare for and overcome natural and man made disasters, acts of terrorism and improve security at home and abroad.
The St. Louis Post accomplishes this goal locally by supporting monthly luncheon meetings and other professional/social activities attended by members of local government, military, private industry, students and other interested parties. These meetings are announced via our e-mail distribution list and quarterly newsletter.
We are supported by the national Society of American Military Engineers and publications such as The Military Engineer, which also promotes the interests and goals of our society and its members. Please peruse our website to discover the benefits of SAME
St. Louis Post membership.
Mission, Vision, Values
The Society of American Military Engineers (SAME), the premier professional military engineering association in the United States, unites architecture, engineering construction (A/E/C), facility management and environmental entities and individuals in the public and private sectors to prepare for—and overcome—natural and manmade disasters, and to improve security at home and abroad.
- The SAME Mission
“To promote and facilitate engineering support for national security by developing and enhancing relationships and competencies among uniformed services, public- and private-sector engineers and related professionals, and by developing future engineers through outreach and mentoring.”
- The SAME Vision
“To be a premier global engineering organization leading the professional and personal growth of all members in support of military readiness and development of solutions to national security challenges.”
- The SAME Values
- Integrity: Unwavering commitment to always do what is right, regardless of consequences.
- Patriotism: Support our national ideals and take pride in our country.
- Public Service: Recognize the critical contribution that public servants make in supporting the economic and environmental needs of the nation.
- National Security: Recognize the dedication of our national security team, comprised of the uniformed services, civil service and contractors, in defending freedom.
- Technical Competence: Deliver high-quality solutions.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest standards of performance in all actions, both personal and professional.
- Environmental Stewardship: Preserve, protect, conserve and restore our national resources through sustainable development.