SAME National Leadership Nominations
DEADLINE: The deadline for 2021 has passed (Dec. 1, 2020), but it's never too early to start preparing a nomination package for the 2022 slate!
The SAME National Leadership Team is committed to finding dedicated volunteer leaders who are steeped in a broad range of SAME experiences over time and who have a solid foundation of proven Post level achievement. We need your active involvement to find the “best of the best” to serve as SAME National Officers and Elected Directors.
SAME has initiated a National Leadership Nomination process that is inclusive, transparent and equitable. The process establishes separate nominating committees for National Officers and for Elected Directors. The respective nominating committees then will determine the candidates who will be voted on by the entire Society membership during online elections, which be held from March 1 through April 1, 2021. Please ensure that you have read the Nominating Procedures and the President's Guidance prior to submitting.
Evaluation criteria have been aligned with the following qualifications:
Is an SAME Fellow
- All serving Fellows will be screened for consideration by the committee
- Nominations for National Officers may be made by any Post President, National Board of Direction member, Post or Regional Fellows Point of Contact, AOF Executive Committee Member, SAME Foundation Board of Direction Member, any past SAME National President, or as a self-nomination.
NOTE: National Officers consist of a President-Elect, who serves a one-year term then ascends to National President; and three Vice Presidents who serve two-year terms (though one may be selected for President-Elect after one year and vacate their second year as Vice President).
- National Officer candidates must submit a two minute video: "Based on my assessment of our Society's implementation of Strategic Plan 2025 and the challenges facing our Society, I feel I am the right person to lead SAME at this point in time because...." Videos can be sent to Kathy Off, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact her with questions.
Served as a Post Leader
- Served on a National Committee or Council
- Nominations for Elected Directors may be made by any Post President, National Board of Direction member, Post or Regional Fellows Point of Contact, AOF Executive Committee Member, SAME Foundation Board of Direction Member, any past SAME National President, or as a self-nomination.
NOTE: Four Elected Directors are selected every year through membership voting, with a minimum of one being a Young Member. Elected Directors serve three-year terms.