SBC Stipends Application
Young Member & Small Business Stipends.
Stipends to attend the 2017 Small Business Conference (SBC)
will be awarded to active SAME young members or representatives of a small business (100 or fewer employees) who have demonstrated support of SAME at the Post or National level and who might not otherwise be able to attend.
SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED
- Member who represents a small business (100 or fewer employees) and has been a member of SAME since January 1, 2016
- Member who is 39 and under at the time of SBC, and has been a member of SAME since January 1, 2016
- Active member of an SAME Post, Field Chapter, or National Committee or Council
- Completion of application form to include a summary of SAME participation, why the conference would be beneficial to the individual’s professional development, and acknowledgement that participation would not be possible without stipend support
- Individual may not have attended SBC in the past three years
- Individual may not have received a stipend to JETC in the past three years
- SAME cannot award stipends to multiple individuals from the same company
- Applicants who have already paid registration fees will not be refunded.
Awardees will be accepted based on: SAME Participation; Professional Development; and Accomplishments and Deployments.
- Up to 10 stipends will be awarded
- Stipend includes:
- Three nights hotel accommodations at one of the official conference hotels
- Complimentary Full Conference Registration
- Stipend recipients will be notified via email by October 13, 2017
- Upon notification of being offered a stipend, awardees must confirm their acceptance and supervisor approval* to attend. Once confirmed, they will receive instructions on how to register for the conference and make hotel reservations. Stipend recipients failing to follow the instructions will not be reimbursed.
*Before accepting stipends, nominees must obtain approval from their supervisor and Federal employees (military and civil service) should seek the advice from their local ethics counselor. Military personnel are expected to obtain the government rate at their selected hotel and should adhere to current regulations regarding wearing of the uniform.
Applications for stipends will be awarded based on favorable review of the application materials. To be considered for a 2017 SBC Stipend, applicants must complete the online application by September 30, 2017. Those selected to receive the stipend will be notified by October 13, 2017.
For questions or for additional assistance, please contact Stacy Humes, SAME Membership & Post Operations: email@example.com