NJ and NYC SAME 100 Year Celebration – “Get on the Bus to 2020 – A Celebration of Engineering and Scientific Achievements”
What is Get on the Bus to 2020?
On May 26th, SAME Members from all over the US will converge on Washington D.C. to celebrate SAME’s 100-year Anniversary at the National JETC conference. This NJ / NYC SAME sponsored celebration will be held May 26th one day prior to the JETC conference and entail a 7-hour Bus Tour along the historic Lincoln Highway, leaving Jersey City, NJ (8:00 am) and traveling along the Lincoln Highway to Trenton, NJ (3:00 pm). FOR THOSE ATTENDING THE JETC CONFERENCE AMTRAK LEAVES TRENTON AT 3:30 TO WASHINGTON DC. FOR THOSE NOT GOING TO JETC THE BUS WILL return to Jersey City by (4:45 pm).
Interactive Map of the Lincoln Highway
The bus trip plans to make stops at historical engineering landmarks in NJ along the Lincoln Highway.
Members can join the tour at any of the 3 locations listed. Below is a tentative schedule of the planned stops: (Subject to change)
- 8:00 AM - 8:15 AM Journal Square PATH Plaza, Jersey City, NJ (Depart, travel for 15 mins)
- 8:30 AM - 9:00 AM Lincoln Park, Jersey City (Depart, travel for 45 mins)
- 9:45 AM - 9:55 AM Metropark Train Station, Edison, NJ (Depart, travel for 5 mins)
- 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM Thomas Edison Center, Edison, NJ (Depart, travel for 60 mins)
- 11:45 AM - 12:30 PM Einstein’s House, Princeton, NJ (Depart, travel for 30 mins)
- 1:00 PM - 2:40 PM Washington Crossing Inn & Lunch (Depart, travel for 20 mins)
- 3:00 PM - 3:10 PM Amtrak/NJT Trenton Transit Center, Trenton, NJ (Depart, travel for 50 mins)
- 4:00 PM - 4:10 PM Metropark Train Station, Edison, NJ (Depart, travel for 35 mins)
- 4:45 PM - 4:55 PM Jersey City Train Station
A luncheon and guest speaker on the “63 Miles of the Lincoln Highway” is being planned at 1:00 pm at the Washington Crossing Inn to conclude the bus tour. After the luncheon, the bus will stop at the Amtrak Trenton Train Station (3:00 pm) for members heading on Amtrak to JETC 2020 in Washington. The bus will make a final return trip back to Metropark Train Station (4:00) and Jersey City Train Station (4:45pm) for members not heading on to JETC 2020. Members will need to make their transportation arrangements to DC via Amtrak.
Please contact Mike Hanlon, Sovereign Consulting Inc. at 856-244-8148 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about the event.