As many of you are aware, the Marine Corps Engineering and Construction Camp is scheduled for 23-29 June 2019 in Camp Lejeune. The Cape Fear Post has volunteered to host the Engineering Reaction Course on Wednesday afternoon, 26 June 2019. At this event the campers (in groups 0f 10) are challenged with five activities that encourage them to be both logical and creative. The events for this year include:
- The Waterline Break where the campers attempted to plug various holes in a 4” PVC pipe connected to a fire hydrant.
- Ammunition Transport where campers try to transport ammo (a kick ball) through an obstacle course using a ring, nine strings tied to the ring and nine campers holding the ends of the strings.
- The Great Escape where the campers traverse a pretend mine field without verbal communication.
- Survey Funsey where the campers estimated the surface area of a building from 100 feet away.
- Nail Driving Relay is a timed event where each team member drives nails into three stumps
We will leave around 10:00 from Wilmington, stop for lunch, got through the main gate and begin setting up around 12:30. We will be through around 17:30. If you are interested in volunteering please respond to this email by 31 May 2019 and include the following information to grease the wheels for gate access:
- Full name
- Driver’s license number and state
- Vehicle plate number and state, and color/make/model/year of vehicle
Thanks in advance for your help. Feel free to call Mike Mason if you have questions. His contact info:
Michael E. Mason, P.E., F.SAME, M.ASCE
Treasurer, SAME Cape Fear Post
CATLIN Engineers and Scientists
PO Box 10279
Wilmington, North Carolina 28404
Tel: (910) 452-5861
Cell: (910) 352-7741