SAME-USMC MCB Camp Lejeune, NC STEM Engineering & Construction Camp
The SAME - US Marine Corps camp is geared toward students interested in pursuing engineering related studies in college or a service academy and is built on the steps Professionals encounter when working with a client to deliver sound installation and facilities related products. Campers live, eat and complete activities as a squad of 10, under the guidance of a uniformed service member and two STEM related working professionals. Berthing is provided in Marine Corps barracks, meals are taken at galleys or in the field, and instruction is conducted at various sites aboard MCB Camp Lejeune.
Where: Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, Jacksonville, NC
When: June 21-27, 2020
Basic Application Criteria:
• U.S. Citizen
• Able to provide proof of medical insurance
• Starting Sophomore, Junior or Senior Year in the Fall of 2020
• At least 15 years of age at time of Camp
• On a high school STEM track that will provide a basis for attending an accredited engineering college or
university (i.e., taking appropriate STEM courses)
• Demonstrated leadership characteristics through participation in extra-curricular activities, sports,
and/or community activities
• Physically fit
• Minimum GPA of 3.2 (not required but highly recommended)
• Not previously attended a SAME week-long summer Camp
Application Deadline: March 16, 2020
Cost: Registration fee for the camp is $600. This includes lodging, meals, materials, instruction, and mentoring. Once selected, campers must submit half the registration fee to hold their spot. Campers generally pay half the registration fee, $300.
The sponsoring SAME Post may pay the remainder of the fee and work with the camper on the transportation costs. If not sponsored by a Post, the camper could be responsible for all camp fees and transportation.
To Apply Click Here!
For more camp information, contact: Erin Ingersoll, Camp Registrar, at email@example.com.