SAME Houston-Galveston Post will be hosting a two-part special presentation of the North East Water Purification Plant (NEWPP) project, which is part of a multi-partnership deal with the North Harris County Regional Water Authority (NHCRWA), the West Harris County Regional Water Authority (WHCRWA), the Central Harris County Regional Water Authority (CHCRWA), the North Fort Bend Water Authority (NFBWA), and the City of Houston. Additional information and videos are available at: https://greaterhoustonwater.com/about/
- November 3rd (11 am – 12 pm) will be an on-line presentation of the NEWPP, its progressive design-build strategy and delivery, and challenges that are being addressed to improve redundancies across its system, ensuring continuity of operations and increased resiliency of services and critical infrastructure.
- November 5th (will be an in-person tourto the plant where we will be given a tour of the current plant, the new plant and the intake pump station.
- Tour will be limited to 20 people due to logistics and COVID restrictions. If required, there will be a second tour planned for the first part of the next calendar year.
- Logistical information will be disseminated to tour attendees. Note: Names and driver’s license numbers will need to be provided for access to the controlled site.
- Note: Registration deadline for in-person tour is 10/26.