Event Name: Advance Your Career Through Credentialing
Event Location: The Westin, Virginia Beach Town Center, 4535 Commerce Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Event Date/Time: April 13, 2022 from 11:15 AM - 1:30 PM
For more details or to register, visit: HERE
Event Description: This session will provide a discussion of the importance of credentialing and some of the credentials that apply to the A/E/C industry including:
1. Project Management Institute (PMI) professional certifications show that you’re ready to meet the demands of projects and employers across the globe. Build your resume with project management certifications including the PMP, CAPM, and agile.
2. Since 1982, the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) sets the standard for managing capital construction projects. Expand your professional Body of Knowledge and resume with the CCM and CMIT certifications.
3. The need for Design-Build Certified Professionals (DBIA) will be greater than ever as our nation works to rebuild our economy.
Presenters: Don Young, PE, CCM, F.SAME/Executive VP/MBP; Neal Wright, PE, PMP, F.SAME/VP/STV; Kip Malone/IT Project Manager/City of Norfolk; Bruce W. Husselbee, PhD, PE, DBIA/Director of Engineering/HRSD; Thomas Booth PE, PMP/Deputy Chief Engineering & Construction/USACE Norfolk District; LT Kareem Radwan/CEC/NAVFAC Mid-Atlantic
1. Learn how the new SAME National roadmap provides resources to support credentialing.
2. Gain an understanding of the PMP, CCM, DBCP, and other certifications that can advance your career.
3. Discover the importance of credentials to USACE and NAVFAC.
1115 - 1145 Registration, Network, Exhibits tables
1145 - 1155 Pledge of Allegiance, Announcements, Sustaining Member Presentation
1155 - 1210 Lunch and Network
1200 - 1300 Credentialing Presentation
1300 - 1330 Exhibits tables are open for more discussions as needed