SAME Code of Conduct
SAME is committed to providing a safe and welcoming experience for all participants, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age (40 and older), disability (physical or mental), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity (including transgender and transitioning status), genetic information, veteran or military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. SAME does not tolerate discrimination, intolerance, harassment, aggression, or ill-will of any kind at any SAME event, whether presented in-person, digitally, or via another method. SAME expects all members and participants to respect the health and safety of themselves and others and follow all rules and guidelines put in place.
SAME members shall maintain the highest professional standards and ethical behavior in their Society relationships.
We expect all event participants, presenters, sponsors, employees, and staff to:
- Remain positive, friendly, and welcoming to others at all times.
- Recognize that all SAME activities are places for diversity of thought, organization, and individuals; as such, respect and inclusivity for all is expected.
- Be alert and report any discriminatory, harassing, aggressive, or exclusionary behavior or speech to event staff immediately.
- Attend in-person events only when in good health; as such, those who are ill or have knowingly been exposed to any communicable disease should not participate in an in-person event.
- Maintain the confidentiality of Society business and its members and not disclose any confidential information related to the Society, its staff, or its members. Further, the use of directories, mail lists and membership information shall be used only as a means to contact fellow professionals or for their express stated use when published and may not, in whole or in part, be reproduced, copied, disseminated, or added into any type of database.
Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct; written, verbal, or other abuse as determined by SAME and its representatives, in their sole discretion; and failing to obey any rules or regulations of the venue and SAME.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone engaged in unacceptable behavior is subject to expulsion from the event, in SAME's sole discretion, without refund. SAME also reserves the right to disallow participation (attendance, speaking) sponsorship, exhibiting, etc) in future events, temporarily suspend membership, or permanently expel a member from the S ociety.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being treated poorly, or have additional concerns, please contact any member of the SAME National Office or contact email@example.com.
We expect all participants to follow this Code of Conduct at all times. This policy may be revised at any time by SAME without notice.