Mentoring & Recognition
Highlight your achievements or those of another YM in TME! Please use the following Spotlight Nomination form, or contact Suzanne Grix with any questions.
Have a Post Event or YM Achievement to share in our next newsletter? Contact Summer Gladden.
Each spring, the Engineering & Construction Camps recruit volunteers to serve as mentors and camp counselors! Visit the Camps page (click here) to learn more.
2020 Joint Engineer Training Conference and Expo (JETC) Stipends
A limited number of stipends to attend the 2020 Joint Engineer Training Conference and Expo (JETC) will be awarded to active SAME young members and enlisted members who have demonstrated support of SAME at the Post or National level and who might not otherwise be able to attend. The stipends will provide complimentary registration, travel (up to $500 CONUS and up to $1500 OCONUS) and a hotel stay of up to four nights. Recipients will be accepted based on: SAME participation; professional development; and accomplishments and deployments. Submissions close on March 1, 2020. Click here to apply.
1. Industry or Government/Military
2. Young Member who is 39 or under at the time of 2020 JETC.
3. Stipend recipients are expected to have 18 months of membership in SAME at time of application.
4. Active member of an SAME Post, Field Chapter or National Community of Interest for the past year (as reflected in the nomination form).
5. Must not have received a National level stipend in the past to attend a National event.
6. A letter of endorsement from the Post or Field Chapter President or COI Chair supporting the award of a stipend.
7. Completion of the online application form, which includes a short summary of SAME Participation; Professional Development; and Accomplishments and Deployments.
2020 Joint Engineer Training Conference and Expo (JETC) Travel Justification Letter Template
Attendance to JETC can be a key part of your professional development. You get to understand industry priorities, learn about new and innovative technologies, practices, and projects, and investigate emerging strategies in A/E/C. In addition, JETC offers a fantastic opportunity for networking, speaking to vendors and exhibitors, and getting exposure for your organization.
How can you present the value of attending to your leadership? The Young Member COI has developed a justification letter template to help you convey your request to your supervisor/leadership. Download the letter (click here) and customize it as you need so we can see you at JETC.
Credentialing Achievement Awards Program
The SAME Young Member Community of Interest is continuing the Credentialing Achievement Awards Program (CAAP) to promote the professional development of SAME Young Members and Enlisted Members in support of the SAME Strategic Plan. The CAAP serves to fulfill an objective which is to provide financial support for professional development, education, and mentoring initiatives to benefit our SAME members.
SAME will reimburse a portion of exam sitting or registration fees for Young Members. The full program details and application are located here. For questions regarding the program and to submit your application, please contact Suzanne Grix.
Current deadline: April 6, 2020.
For full program details, click here. [PDF] | To download the application form, click here. [PDF]