Mobile Post Scholarships
The Mobile Post’s Scholarship Program encourages and assists students pursuing a college education in the fields of architecture and engineering so that they, in turn, will further the goals and exemplify the ideals of SAME. Since 1986, we have awarded $278,000 in scholarships and have provided mentors to support to our students in their pursuits of higher education. Our program is supported by our annual Scores for Scholars Golf Tournament, which is sponsored and attended by our member companies. Thanks to their support, our post currently offers two Mobile Post Scholarships and one USA Student Chapter Scholarship each year.
The Mobile Post Scholarship provides $2,000 per year for up to 4 years ($8,000 per recipient) and is awarded to upcoming freshmen who will major in Engineering or Architecture. Recipients must maintain a 2.5 grade point average, continue to major in Engineering or Architecture, and must become a member of SAME (student membership is free) to continue to receive the scholarship. Recipients are assigned to a SAME Mentor from the Mobile Post and are responsible for meeting the SAME Mentor to discuss academic achievements, transcripts, and goals prior to receiving the funds for the next academic year. Applicants must:
- Be a resident of Mobile County or Baldwin County, AL
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Be accepted by a four-year college or university
- Be an upcoming college freshman with a declared major in Engineering or Architecture
Congrats to our 2022 Recipients!
2023 Applications are Due March 17th.
Dehyrl Middleton, PE
Mobile Post Scholarship Committee Chair
Selection of recipients is based on scholastic achievement, leadership, evidence of good character and well-rounded personal development, and dedication to achieving a career in the field of Engineering or Architecture. In case of a tie based on the above selection criteria, financial status is considered.
The USA Student Chapter Scholarship provides $2,000 in financial assistance to an Engineering Major at the University of South Alabama. To be eligible for a SAME USA Student Chapter Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a full-time student in a graduate or undergraduate program at the University of South Alabama
- Have a declared major in Engineering
- Have a minimum 3.0 grade point average
- Be a member of the SAME Student Chapter
Selection of the USA Student Chapter Scholarship recipients will be based on the following criteria:
- Scholastic achievement
- Military and/or Engineering Work Experience
- Evidence of good character and well-rounded personal development
- Dedication to achieving a career in the field of Engineering
- Participation in the SAME Student Chapter
How to Apply
Links to application forms and instructions are available at the top of this webpage. If you have any questions, or if you would like to donate to the SAME Mobile Post Scholarship Program, please contact Dehyrl Middleton.
Communities of Interest
SAME’s Communities of Interest offer members a chance to engage nationally with other professionals focused on a particular technical field or demographic within joint engineering and the A/E/C industry.