Industry-Government Engagement (IGE)
Industry-Government Engagement (IGE) is the cornerstone on which SAME was founded. Our Society was formed in 1920 to: "...promote solidarity and co-operation between engineers in civil and military life...." IGE is not about selling government access to industry partners to increase contracting probability. IGE is about sharing knowledge and best practices, conducting joint training with government and industry that mimics real-world situations, and collaborating on issues at every level in order to achieve consensus, efficiency and transparency. True IGE benefits industry, government and directly contributes to national security. According to the Strategic Plan, by 2020:The SAME Industry-Government Engagement Plan should be effectively producing viable solutions that enhance industry/government collaboration and add value to joint efforts to improve America’s infrastructure. It should establish local recognition of the role of SAME among all levels of government, industry, academic and business interests. There are many ways that SAME members can make a difference at all levels of IGE.
- Host an IGE Workshop. IGE workshops are now being tracked in annual Post reports and part of Streamer Requirements. If you are not sure how to get started, please contact Kathy Off, firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-549-3800 ext. 153.
- Sponsorship of uniformed service members as they PCS to new locations. (National Standard coming soon)
- Participate in the annual joint Table Top Exercise (TTX) at the Joint Engineer Training Conference (JETC). Click here to see more information about the TTX and the JECO Committee.
- Apply to attend a CEO Roundtable. Outcomes and progress are documented below.
- Share SAME Perspectives (below) with other industry and government professionals.
Resources & Documents