Are you an SAME Post Leader? Here you will find information about Streamer criteria, change of office reports, financial and administrative information, best practices samples and templates, and operations manuals.
Use the information and links below to access the required documents and general information for establishing your Post. Please contact Membership & Post Operations if you have any questions.
- Post Leader Quick Reference Guide
- Post Operations Manual Updated August 2021
- Change of Post Officers Report [Web Form] Submit immediately after installation of new Post Officers
- Need Post Rosters? Go to your Member Account and the Post Roster section
- Sample Post Charter Template
- Post Bylaws Template
- Post Officer Installation Procedures
- 2021 Annual Report Template (use to gather information) Online Submission
- SAME National Awards Manual
- Post Strategic/Program Planning Matrix – sample spreadsheet
SAME Membership Cycle & Understanding Reports webinarView or download the slides
2022 – Membership Streamer is based on growth in Individual and Sustaining Company member categories.
The 2022 Membership Numbers will be delayed as we transition to our new systems.
If you need a roster please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|2022 Starting Membership Numbers||January 2022 Membership Numbers|
|February 2022 Membership Numbers||March 2022 Membership Numbers|
|April 2022 Membership Numbers||May 2022 Membership Numbers|
|June 2022 Membership Numbers||July 2022 Membership Numbers|
The Streamer Portal for 2022 is open.
Requires unique login for each Post. Email email@example.com for assistance.
2025 Streamers Program – started January 1, 2021
2025 Streamers Planning Tool – utilize to plan your program year
2025 Streamers Briefing – learn about the program
Watch Streamer Program Briefing presentation.
Starting in 2021 all Posts of the Society of American Military Engineers will be required to submit their annual activities via the Streamer Awards supporting the five areas supporting the SAME 2025 Strategic Plan, as part of their required Annual Report. The Post Streamers Awards are presented during the Joint Engineer Training Conference and Expo held the following spring.
Streamer Submission Procedures
Submission for the 2025 Streamers Program will be through the online portal. Submissions will require a write up of 250 words or less, detailing how the Post met the intention of the task supporting the various goals in the Strategic Plan. Additional documentation will no longer be required for submissions.
Streamers will be reviewed at the end of the submission period and overseen by the National Board of Direction, under the guidance of the Vice President over Posts. Reviewers will be comprised of Elected Directors and assisted by COI.
Deadline for Submissions
The Calendar Year 2022 Streamer Submissions – Submissions will be entered throughout the year and final entries will be due on January 31, 2023. Streamers submissions are required as part of the Post Annual Report.
Post Size for 2022 Streamer Criteria
- Small Post (0-175 members): Complete one activity from IGE and earn 600 points
- Medium Post (176-450 members): Complete one activity from IGE and earn 1000 points
- Large Post (451+ members): Complete one activity from IGE and earn 1700 points
There will be no Membership Streamer for 2022.
Past Streamer Results
- 2021 Streamers Final Results
New 2025 Streamer program. No Membership Streamer due to Covid-19.
- 2020 Final Streamer Results
Altered Streamer program due to Covid-19. No Membership Streamer.
- 2019 Final Streamer Results
- 2018 Final Streamer Results
- 2017 Final Streamer Results
- 2016 Final Streamer Results
- 2016 Post Membership Streamer Results
- 2015 Final Streamer Results
If you have any questions, contact Post Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Annual Reports: Due March 31
- IRS Tax Filing Requirements: All Posts must annually file a Form 990 with the IRS – the specific Form 990 that your Post must file will depend upon your Post’s gross receipts.
- The group exemption number is 1278. This will be needed on IRS Form 990. The specific Form 990 that your Post must file will depend upon your Post’s gross receipts.
- Posts with average gross receipts for the prior three years of $50,000 or less file the Form 990-N (known as the e-Postcard)
- Those with higher annual gross receipts than that will continue to file a Form 990 or Form 990-EZ as required for their circumstances by the IRS regulations.
- SAME encourages Posts to consult with a professional tax adviser as they address their IRS filing requirements.
Forms and Online Resources
|RVP Manual||Travel Guidelines||RVP Travel Reimbursement Form|
|Installation of Officers||RVP Medal Request||Post Participation Indicator
|Post – Field Chapter Policy||2022 Post Assessment Form|
National Leader Visit Request
The Post is responsible for coordinating with the National Leader on the specifics of the engagement once confirmed.
Please email Posts@same.org to request a visit or participation from one of SAME’s National Leadership Team.
The request needs to include:
- Time/Date/Location of the event or meeting
- How you would like them to participate? (Keynote address, State of SAME, Board Swearing in, IGE event etc.)
- Primary contact information: name, email, phone
- Any other pertinent information that would be helpful to the leader
The National Leaders meet regularly to review requests and determine which one might be available for your meeting or event. A National staff person will be in touch regarding the request.