SAME Post Leaders
Are you an SAME Post Leader? Here you will find information about Streamer Program criteria, change of office reports, financial and administrative information, best practices samples and templates, and operations manuals.
Use the information and links below to access the required documents and general information for establishing your Post. Please contact Membership & Post Operations if you have any questions.
- Post Leader Quick Reference Guide (August 2023)
- Post Operations Manual Updated December 2023
- Change of Post Officers Report (Web Form) Submit immediately after installation of new Post Officers
- Post Bylaws Template
- Post Officer Installation Procedures
- SAME National Awards Manual
- Post Strategic/Program Planning Matrix – sample spreadsheet
SAME Membership Cycle & Understanding Reports WebinarView or Download Slides
2024 – Membership Streamer is based on growth in Individual and Sustaining Company member categories.
The 2024 Membership Numbers will be updated monthly. If you need a roster please email email@example.com.
|2024 Starting Membership Numbers
|February 2024 Membership Numbers
|March 2024 Membership Numbers
|2022 Starting Membership Numbers
|January 2022 Membership Numbers
|February 2022 Membership Numbers
|March 2022 Membership Numbers
|April 2022 Membership Numbers
|May 2022 Membership Numbers
|June 2022 Membership Numbers
|July 2022 Membership Numbers
2025 Streamers Program – started January 1, 2021
2025 Streamers Planning Tool – utilize to plan your program year
2025 Streamers Briefing – learn about the program
Watch Streamer Program Briefing presentation.
Starting in 2021 all Posts of the Society of American Military Engineers will be required to submit their annual activities via the Streamer Awards supporting the five areas supporting the SAME 2025 Strategic Plan, as part of their required Annual Report. The Post Streamers Awards are presented during the Joint Engineer Training Conference and Expo held the following spring.
Streamer Submission Procedures
Submission for the 2025 Streamers Program will be through the online portal. Submissions will require a write up of 250 words or less, detailing how the Post met the intention of the task supporting the various goals in the Strategic Plan. Additional documentation will no longer be required for submissions.
Streamers will be reviewed at the end of the submission period and overseen by the National Board of Direction, under the guidance of the Vice President over Posts. Reviewers will be comprised of Elected Directors and assisted by COI.
Deadline for Submissions
The Calendar Year 2022 Streamer Submissions – Submissions will be entered throughout the year and final entries will be due on January 31, 2023. Streamers submissions are required as part of the Post Annual Report.
Post Size for 2022 Streamer Criteria
- Small Post (0-175 members): Complete one activity from IGE and earn 600 points
- Medium Post (176-450 members): Complete one activity from IGE and earn 1000 points
- Large Post (451+ members): Complete one activity from IGE and earn 1700 points
There will be no Membership Streamer for 2022.
Past Streamer Results
- 2022 Streamers Final Results
- 2021 Streamers Final Results
New 2025 Streamer program. No Membership Streamer due to Covid-19.
- 2020 Final Streamer Results
Altered Streamer program due to Covid-19. No Membership Streamer.
- 2019 Final Streamer Results
- 2018 Final Streamer Results
- 2017 Final Streamer Results
- 2016 Final Streamer Results
- 2016 Post Membership Streamer Results
- 2015 Final Streamer Results
If you have any questions, contact Post Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Annual Reports: Due March 31
- IRS Tax Filing Requirements: All Posts must annually file a Form 990 with the IRS – the specific Form 990 that your Post must file will depend upon your Post’s gross receipts.
- The group exemption number is 1278. This will be needed on IRS Form 990. The specific Form 990 that your Post must file will depend upon your Post’s gross receipts.
- Posts with average gross receipts for the prior three years of $50,000 or less file the Form 990-N (known as the e-Postcard)
- Those with higher annual gross receipts than that will continue to file a Form 990 or Form 990-EZ as required for their circumstances by the IRS regulations.
- SAME encourages Posts to consult with a professional tax adviser as they address their IRS filing requirements.
Forms and Online Resources
National Leader Visit Request
The Post is responsible for coordinating with the National Leader on the specifics of the engagement once confirmed.
The request needs to include:
- Time/Date/Location of the event or meeting
- How you would like them to participate? (Keynote address, State of SAME, Board Swearing in, IGE event etc.)
- Primary contact information: name, email, phone
- Any other pertinent information that would be helpful to the leader
The National Leadership Team meets regularly to review requests and determine who might be available for your meeting or event. A National Office staff contact will be in touch regarding the request. National Leadership Team includes President, President-Elect, Vice Presidents, Immediate Past President, and Executive Director.
2023: SAME in Review
As SAME looks ahead in 2024, thanks to all our members, partners, and stakeholders for your service and commitment during the last year to advance our mission and vision, which is evident in the impact we all made happen, together, for our national security and the A/E/C profession.
Continue to Find the Value in the Society, then Be the Value for others so they, too, can benefit from their engagement with SAME.