For outstanding contributions to public health engineering by an officer, 0-3 or below, or civilian or equivalent grade.
The Green Medal is named in honor of Rear Adm. Richard Stedman Green, USPHS. The medal is presented annually for outstanding contribution to public health engineering and science by a U.S. Public Health Service officer. It was first awarded in 2000.
- U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) officer O3 or below;
- Active, inactive, or retired USPHS officer, or;
- USPHS civilian employee, active or retired, of equivalent grade.
Most outstanding contribution in public health engineering and science. The awardee is selected by USPHS and presented by SAME.
- 2021 Lt. Michelle Roy, P.E., USPHS
- 2020 Lt. Bijay Tamang, USPHS
- 2019 Lt. Chaolong Qi, Ph.D., USPHS
- 2018 Lt. Garrett Chun, USPHS
- 2017 Lt. Michael Shahan, USPHS
- 2016 Lt. Jessica Sharpe, USPHS
- 2015 Lt. Juliane Junes-Harvey, USPHS
- 2014 Lt. Praveen K.C., USPHS
- 2013 Lt. Maxwell Goggin-Kehm, USPHS
- 2012 Lt. Brandon Beckman, USPHS
- 2011 Lt. Travis Sorum, USPHS
- 2010 Lt. (j.g.) Marcus Felter, USPHS
- 2009 Lt. (j.g.) Bradley Sherer, USPHS
- 2008 Lt. Kurt Kestleloot, USPHS
- 2007 Lt. Benjamin Chadwick, USPHS
- 2006 Lt. Jennifer Caporoso, USPHS
- 2005 Lt. Steven Sauer, USPHS
- 2004 Lt. Jennifer Proctor, USPHS
- 2003 Lt. (j.g.) Allen Bollinger, USPHS
- 2002 Lt. (j.g.) Eric Lindman, USPHS
- 2001 Lt. Mathew Martinson, USPHS
- 2000 Lt. David Ausdemore, USPHS