Robert B. Flowers Small Business Award
The Robert B. Flowers Small Business Award was first presented in 2004 for calendar year 2003 and was named in honor of former SAME National President Lt. Gen. Robert B. Flowers, USA (Ret.) in April 2004. For calendar years 2001 and 2002, SAME presented a plaque to a Small Business under the auspices of the J.W. Morris Award. In 2003, the Board of Direction separated this award from the J.W. Morris Award and established new criteria.
A company that has had at least one Post Company Membership in the past three years and is a classified Small Business in at least one NAICS category as of the date of nomination. Small businesses that have received this award in the past 5 years are not eligible to submit.
- Company representatives take on leadership positions at the Post, Region and National level, including Board of Direction, standing committees and conference planning committees.
- Company supports Young Member participation in Society activities and mentoring programs.
- Company supports veteran transition and industry-government engagement activities.
- Company supports K-12, College Outreach and community service activities.
- The number of Posts supporting the nomination with validation of the company’s participation during the past year (in the form of attached letters of support).
- The company advertises in SAME publications (The Military Engineer, Real TiME or the Directory of Member Companies & Organizations).
- The company exhibited and sponsored activities/events at SAME National and Region Conferences.
- A company must nominate itself for the award. Written endorsements from Posts are welcome as part of the nomination package.
- No nominations will be processed without a complete nomination package.
Completed Nomination Packages Include:
- nomination summary detailing how the nominee meets each of the stated criteria
- 250 word citation
- supporting endorsement letters (if required)
- company logo in .jpg or .tif format, at a resolution of 300 dpi, uploaded with all other supporting documents.
- 2021 AFG Group
- 2020 O’Brien Engineering
- 2019 Betance Enterprises Inc.
- 2018 CEMS Engineering|Architecture
- 2017 Cabrera Services
- 2016 Crawford Consulting Services
- 2015 MacDonald-Bedford
- 2014 Moser Rose Attorneys
- 2013 JM Waller
- 2012 ARGO Systems LLC
- 2011 H&S Environmental
- 2010 RORE Inc.
- 2009 S&A Environmental
- 2008 Custom Mechanical Systems Corp.
- 2007 LJB Inc.
- 2006 CAPE Inc.
- 2005 ETI Professionals Inc.
- 2004 EA Engineering, Science and Technology Inc.
- 2003 Environmental Chemical Corporation (small business)
- 2002 ABMB Engineers Inc. (small business)
- 2001 Engineering Consulting Services Ltd