SAME Design Awards
The purpose of the SAME Design Awards is to celebrate design excellence in the built environment for planned and constructed works throughout the world. The SAME Design Awards will occur every other year beginning in 2020 with award presentations at JETC. The next nominations will open in Dec 2023.
Any facility, infrastructure, landscape, planning, or facility-related project designed, completed, or constructed for a SAME partner agency (DoD, VA, DHS, Public Health Service, GSA).
Built Categories | Planning, Design Studies
Awards will be given for projects that exhibit the highest level of quality achievement as described by the purpose statement and determined by reviewers.
Awards will be made in two categories: Built Projects and Planning, Design, and Studies (PDS). Built projects must be complete within the last 5 years. Planning, design, and studies must have been completed within the last 5 years.
The submittal package has two parts:
Part 1 – Identification of the Project and Team participants.
- Please fill out the attached Project Identification Form
Part 2 – Technical submission highlighting the merits of the project.
- Please submit up to ten pages of information. The content and style of the ten pages is up to you. In those ten pages please mention the title of the project, its location and its customers. There should be no mention on those ten pages of the architect, engineers, contractor or others that are part of the project team. If you include text make sure that the text is readable on a typical computer or printed on 8-1/2 x 11 inch paper.
For review the Part 1 – Project Identification Form (identifying the team members) will be separated from Part 2, the ten page submittal so that the jury is judging the projects on the merits of each project.
Nomination and Submission Process
- A company must nominate itself for the award. Written referrals from Posts are welcome as part of the nomination package.
- No nominations will be processed without a complete nomination package.
- It is the nominator’s responsibility to ensure that the nomination package is successfully completed.
Completed Nomination Packages Include:
Nominations for this award must be made by a Society member using the Society nomination form. No endorsements are required. Any entity involved in the project to include, but not limited to A/E firms, general contractor, and partner agencies, may submit an award nomination in the appropriate category. The nominator will verify that the project meets the eligibility criteria for the award and is responsible for ensuring the package is submitted to and received by National on or before the due date. Jury members will be selected from members within the Architectural Practice Community of Interest and recognized professionals from the fields typically represented in the award packages.
|Year||Master Plan||Unbuilt Project||Built Project|
Minnesota National Guard Division Headquarters, Arden Hills Army Training Site, MN
|Planning Design Studies
Madera Cyber Innovation Center, U.S. Air Force Academy, CO
|2019||The Urban Collaborative
Installation Development Plan, Naval Support Activity Monterey
Thayer Hall Whole Building Investigation, Renovation and Expansion, U.S. Military Academy at West Point
Wilford Hall Ambulatory Care Center Phases I-III, Lackland AFB