The Green Medal is named in honor of Rear Adm. Richard Stedman Green, USPHS. The medal is presented for outstanding contribution to public health engineering and science by a U.S. Public Health Service officer. It was first awarded in 2000.
Criteria: Most outstanding contribution in public health engineering and science.
- U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) officer O3 or below;
- Active, inactive, or retired USPHS officer, or;
- USPHS civilian employee, active or retired, of equivalent grade.
Past Green Medal Recipients
- 2016 Lt. Jessica Sharpe, USPHS
- 2015 Lt. Juliane Junes-Harvey, P.E., USPHS
- 2014 Lt. Praveen K.C., P.E., USPHS
- 2013 Lt. Maxwell Goggin-Kehm, E.I.T, USPHS
- 2012 Lt. Brandon Beckman, P.E., USPHS
- 2011 Lt. Travis J. Sorum, E.I.T., USPHS
- 2010 Lt. j.g. Marcus Felter, EIT, USPHS
- 2009 Lt. j.g. Bradley Sherer, USPHS
- 2008 Lt. Kurt J. Kestleloot, P.E., USPHS
- 2007 Lt. Benjamin R. Chadwick, USPHS
- 2006 Lt. Jennifer L. Caporoso, USPHS
- 2005 Lt. Steven K. Sauer, USPHS
- 2004 Lt. Jennifer A. Proctor, P.E., USPHS
- 2003 Lt. j.g. Allen F. Bollinger, F.E., USPHS
- 2002 Lt. j.g. Eric R. Lindman, Engineer-in-Training, USPHS
- 2001 Lt. Mathew J. Martinson, USPHS
- 2000 Lt. David W. Ausdemore, P.E., USPHS