Robert B. Flowers Small Business Award
For calendar years 2001 and 2002, SAME presented a plaque to a Small Business under the auspices of the J.W. Morris Award. In 2003, the Board of Direction separated this award from the J.W. Morris Award and established new criteria.
The Robert B. Flowers Small Business Award
was first presented in 2004 for calendar year 2003 and was named in honor of former SAME National President Lt. Gen. Robert B. Flowers, USA (Ret.) in April 2004.
A company that has had at least one Post Sustaining Membership in the past three years and is a classified Small Business in at least one NAICS category as of the date of nomination.
- Extent to which the company appoints individuals to sustaining member representative positions for each Post affiliation;
- Extent to which company representatives take on leadership positions at the Post level, including Board of Direction and committees and National Councils;
- Extent to which company supported Young Member participation in Society activities and mentoring programs;
- Extent to which the company supports K-12, College Outreach and community service activities;
- Extent to which the company participates in Small Business programs sponsored by The Society or public agencies;
- Extent to which the company advertises in TME─The Military Engineer magazine, or Real TiME or the Directory of Member Companies & Organizations;
- Extent to which the company exhibits and sponsors at SAME region and national conferences.
Nomination and Submission Process:
A company must nominate itself for the award. Written referrals from Posts are welcome as part of the nomination package.
- No nominations will be processed without a complete nomination package.
Completed Nomination Packages Include:
- nomination summary detailing how the nominee meets each of the stated criteria
- 250 word citation
- supporting endorsement letters (if required)
- company logo in .jpg or .tif format, at a resolution of 300 dpi, burned to disc or included on flash drive
Past Robert B. Flowers Small Business Award Recipients
2016 Crawford Consulting Services
2014 Moser Rose Attorneys
2013 JM Waller
2012 ARGO Systems LLC
2011 H&S Environmental
2010 RORE Inc.
2009 S&A Environmental
2008 Custom Mechanical Systems Corp.
2007 LJB Inc.
2006 CAPE Inc.
2005 ETI Professionals Inc.
2004 EA Engineering, Science and Technology Inc.
2003 Environmental Chemical Corporation (small business)
2002 ABMB Engineers Inc. (small business)
2001 Engineering Consulting Services Ltd.