Task Force Mission
The Health Engineering Task Force will explore the need for a collaborative forum to address the environmental and public health aspects of A/E/C disciplines. This forum is open to all interested parties and through it, SAME fills a critical gap between the mission to sustain national security and the people who execute it. It will further identify the needs, requirements and interests of preventive medicine and environmental and public health professionals to determine additional multi-discipline collaboration, professional development and education & training opportunities.
- To promote the highest degree of skill, efficiency and professional competence among all environmental engineering, preventive medicine, environmental health and public health personnel in the SAME.
- To provide for a mutual exchange of knowledge and experience between members of the different Uniformed Services of the United States and civilian/government organizations and to promote the advancement of public health education and environmental health science and engineering.
- To represent the professional interests of the COI’s members in the SAME and other organizations by promoting and conducting public discussions, forums, panels, lectures or similar programs to advance environmental health knowledge at such organizations’ annual education conferences.
Program/Planning Chair: LT Kim Eisberg, USPHS
Membership Chair: Tech Sgt. Kristi Gillespie, USAF
Strategic Communications Chair: Capt. Derrick Chandler, USAF
Environmental & Facility Asset Management COIs: Lt. Col. Elisa Hammer, USAF
SAME National Webinars
- Communities of Interest, Construction COI, National Webinar, Upcoming Events, Webinars
AFCEC Strategic Design and Construction Division Portfolio OverviewIn this webinar, Maj. Michael Gund, USAF, Deputy Chief of AFCEC Strategic Design and Construction Division, will provide an overview of the construction portfolio for FY2023 awards, FY2024 and FY2025 upcoming projects…
- Boston Post, COI Meetings, Networking, PFAS, Professional Development, SAME Post Events, Upcoming Events, Webinars
ITRC Webinar: PFAS in BiosolidsSAME Boston Post would like to invite all members and prospective members to join us for a webinar (via Zoom), in conjunction with ITRC, entitled “PFAS in Biosolids.” The webinar will be held on Thursday, December 14 from 1:30pm – 3:00pm. Hear from Chris Evans, Senior Environmental Hydrogeologist with the Maine DEP and Mitch Olson, […]
- Communities of Interest, Energy & Sustainability, National Webinar, Upcoming Events, Webinars
Green New World, Mapping the TransitionThe global transition to Electric Vehicles (EVs) and renewable energy sources will require from the mining, shipping, manufacturing, power, labor, and finance, and regulatory sectors.
- Communities of Interest, Environmental COI, National Webinar, Upcoming Events, Webinars
Decades of Thermal Remediation: Breakthroughs & ChallengesSince the 1990s, thermal remediation contractors have completed more than 600 projects worldwide. What began as an idea to solve the seemingly impossible DNAPL problem has evolved into a commonly applied and trusted solution for source zone remediation; however, it did not happen overnight.
- Communities of Interest, Health Engineering Task Force, National Webinar, Upcoming Events, Webinars
Climate Change: Adapting to Extreme FloodingJoin us for a groundbreaking webinar on climate change adaptation, with a specific focus on combating extreme flooding. Our distinguished speakers will illuminate the path towards a resilient future. First up is a presentation by a leading expert from Scripps at UC San Diego, delving into cutting-edge advancements in quantitative precipitation information and X-band radar technology.