Task Force Mission
The Health Engineering Task Force will explore the need for a collaborative forum to address the environmental and public health aspects of A/E/C disciplines. This forum is open to all interested parties and through it, SAME fills a critical gap between the mission to sustain national security and the people who execute it. It will further identify the needs, requirements and interests of preventive medicine and environmental and public health professionals to determine additional multi-discipline collaboration, professional development and education & training opportunities.
- To promote the highest degree of skill, efficiency and professional competence among all environmental engineering, preventive medicine, environmental health and public health personnel in the SAME.
- To provide for a mutual exchange of knowledge and experience between members of the different Uniformed Services of the United States and civilian/government organizations and to promote the advancement of public health education and environmental health science and engineering.
- To represent the professional interests of the COI’s members in the SAME and other organizations by promoting and conducting public discussions, forums, panels, lectures or similar programs to advance environmental health knowledge at such organizations’ annual education conferences.
Program/Planning Chair: LT Kim Eisberg, USPHS
Membership Chair: Tech Sgt. Kristi Gillespie, USAF
Strategic Communications Chair: Capt. Derrick Chandler, USAF
Environmental & Facility Asset Management COIs: Lt. Col. Elisa Hammer, USAF
SAME National Webinars
- COI Meetings, National Webinar, SAME Environmental COI
SAME Environmental COI Webinar: Nature-Based Solutions for Coastal ResilienceAbout This Webinar In this webinar, ICF experts will present systems planning and design approaches that leverage, mimic, and synergize with natural processes to enhance coastal resilience. Utilizing East and West Coast case studies on the shoreline, near- or off-shore, or inland, these examples align landscape response with projects that address infrastructure, dredging, community flood […]
- National Webinar, Resilience, TME Presents Webinars, Upcoming Events, USACE
TME Presents: Effectively Managing the Nation’s Water ResourcesTake a deeper look into “Effectively Managing the Nation’s Water Resources,” originally published in the July-August 2022 issue of TME. The Institute for Water Resources (IWR) provides the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the United States with modern analysis of water resources trends and issues; unique methods and models for planning, operations, and engineering; and data management of program and project information on a national scale.
- Industry-Government Engagement, National Webinar, SAME Small Business COI, Small Business COI, Upcoming Events, Webinars
The Real Impact of SDVOSB Certification Transfer to SBA: Small Business COI WebinarOn Jan. 1, 2023, the Small Business Administration will take over the certification responsibilities from the Department of Veterans Affairs Center for veteran enterprises, which means that all self-certified SDVOSBs who are not already CVE certified will have to go through the new process in order to maintain any current awarded contracts that were set aside for SDVOSBs outside of any CVE requirement from an agency. Up to 75 percent of current SDVOSBs are self-certified and have not gone through the CVE process. This webinar will discuss the impacts of this move and the way ahead for CVE and non-CVE certified SDVOSBs.