The mission of the SAME Small Business Community of interest is to promote the role and relevance of small business in SAME through outreach, training, opportunity and recognition.
Importance of Small Business
Small business firms contribute approximately 80 percent of our nation’s job growth. Our entrepreneurial approach fosters innovation, drive, and success. Often considered “renegades,” we are an invaluable asset to our nation’s economy and the military mission.
The SAME Small Business Community of Interest (COI) is committed to keeping SAME Members informed with the most up–to–date information from the world of small business. We regularly send out an electronic newsletter to help you stay ahead of the latest trends and take advantage of current developments in growth and partnerships.
If you are interested in getting more information about Small Business Community activities, or in serving on the SAME Small Business COI Steering Committee, please e-mail with your contact info to Sally Clark and Steve Taylor.
Objectives of the Small Business Council
- Inform SAME of technical programs of interest to small business members
- Provide opportunities to meet with key military decision makers
- Represent small business interests on select SAME national committees
- Keep members informed on small business regulations and legislation
- Provide opportunities to highlight small business success stories and lessons learned
- Secretary: Jana Roy, Moffatt Nichols
- Vice Chair of Communication: NK Mbaya, S&B Christ Consulting, LLC
- Vice Chair of Recognition: Kate Gallagher, CRTKL
- Vice Chair of Education & Training: Archisha Mehan, FEDMINE, LLC
- Vice Chair of Outreach: Beau DeBoer, Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc.
- Vice Chair of Conferences: Jamie Wright, KOMAN Holdings, LLC
- Vice Chair Elect – Conferences: Jamie Wright, KOMAN Holdings, LLC
- Vice Chair of Regional Programs: Peter “Pete” Delano, Nobis Group
- Past Chair: Mario Burgos, Burgos Group