Webinar: Safeguarding Strategies – A Deep Dive into Department of Defense Cybersecurity Compliance
Wednesday, October 4, 2023 | 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
In the rapidly evolving landscape of technology and security, the Department of Defense (DOD) holds a paramount responsibility to safeguard sensitive information and critical systems from cyber threats. For architects and engineers, contributing to DOD projects requires a thorough understanding of cybersecurity compliance to ensure the resilience and integrity of the designed systems. This webinar will provide valuable insights into the critical role that architects and engineers play in ensuring the security of DOD projects and equip attendees to better navigate the intricate landscape of DOD cybersecurity compliance.
- Lori Jackson, President and Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, White Raven Security
- Patrick Hogeboom, Vice President, Federal Programs, Michael Baker International
- Understanding DoD Cybersecurity Frameworks: Attendees will gain a comprehensive understanding of the key cybersecurity frameworks and standards mandated by the Department of Defense, including NIST SP 800-171 and the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), and how these frameworks impact architectural and engineering practices.
- Identifying Design-Cybersecurity Synergies: Participants will learn to identify areas where architectural and engineering design principles intersect with cybersecurity requirements. They will discover strategies to seamlessly integrate cybersecurity considerations without compromising the core design objectives.
- Analyzing Real-World Case Studies: Through in-depth analysis of real-world case studies, attendees will explore successful instances of architects and engineers effectively integrating cybersecurity compliance into Department of Defense projects. These case studies will provide practical insights into overcoming challenges and achieving project goals.
- Applying Collaboration Strategies: Attendees will discover effective collaboration strategies to foster communication between architects, engineers, and cybersecurity experts. They will learn how cross-disciplinary teamwork can enhance project outcomes, ensuring both security compliance and innovative design solutions.
- Synthesizing Compliance and Creativity: Participants will be able to synthesize the complex requirements of Department of Defense cybersecurity compliance with innovative architectural and engineering designs. They will gain the skills to navigate compliance challenges while fostering creativity and innovation in their projects.
Hosted by Resilience Community of Interest
For registration questions or issues, contact email@example.com.