The mission of the Enlisted Community of Interest is to promote professional development for the Total Force enlisted community, oversee the integration of enlisted members throughout the spectrum of SAME operations; advocate and engage enlisted support of SAME’s Strategic Plan through outreach, training, networking and recognition, and provide value added to enlisted members; mentor enlisted members, and voice & address concerns of enlisted service members.
The Enlisted COI is always looking for more enlisted members to get engaged. If you have interest in learning more about this community of interest and ways you can get involves, including filling one of the open leadership positions, contact 1st Sgt. Shane Payne, USA, Enlisted COI Chair.
Benefits of Joining SAME
SAME offers a wide selection of benefits to enlisted servicemembers. From training to networking to credentialing and testing reimbursement, SAME ensures enlisted members can make an impact in the A/E/C industry both while in uniform and after transitioning. The mentoring and camaraderie created through the Enlisted Community of Interest can help you support your professional career.
1st Sgt. Shane Payne, USA
Vice Chair: Master Sgt. Bradley Wilson, USAF
Secretary: VACANT (Ensures meeting agendas, action items, and discussions are properly recorded and promoted to the leadership team and membership.)
Vice Chair of Communications: Senior Master Sgt. Adam Brady, USAF
Vice Chair of Professional Development: VACANT (Identifies opportunities and partnerships to strengthen the professional development of current service members and transitioning veterans into the AEC industry.)
Immediate Past Chair: Master Sgt. Amanda Jones, USAF (Ret.)
COI Mentor: Senior Master Sgt. James Wirshing, USAF (Ret.)
Young Professionals Liaison: Mitch Sisco, VTANG
Navy Liaison POC: Joel Turnham
Liaisons act as representatives for each individual service branch and provide direct outreach to all enlisted members respective to each branch. Liaisons serve as the primary POC for service-related enlisted issues and work to enhance communication between the COI and service specific personnel. If you are interested in serving in these positions, contact 1st Sgt. Shane Payne, USA, COI Chair.
Guard/Reserve Liaison: 1SG Class Tyler Jackson, ARNG
Army Liaison: VACANT
Navy Liaison: VACANT
Marine Liaison: Master Sgt. Garey Tucker, USMC
Air Force Liaison: Tech Sgt. Kelvin Rodriguez, USAF
CELC Liaison: VACANT
2023 JETC Stipends
A limited number of stipends to attend the 2023 Joint Engineer Training Conference and Expo (JETC) will be awarded to active SAME young professionals and enlisted members who have demonstrated support of SAME at the Post or National level and who might not otherwise be able to attend. The stipends will provide complimentary registration, travel (up to $500 CONUS and up to $1500 OCONUS) and a hotel stay of up to four nights. Recipients will be accepted based on: SAME participation; professional development; and accomplishments and deployments.
- Industry or Government/Military
- Young Professional who is 39 or under at the time of 2023 JETC
- Member of SAME for at least 18 months at time of application
- Active member of a SAME Post, Field Chapter or National Community of Interest for the past year (as reflected in the nomination form)
- A letter of endorsement from the Post or Field Chapter President or COI Chair supporting the award of a stipend
- Completion of the online application form, which includes a short summary of SAME Participation; Professional Development; and Accomplishments and Deployments
Application deadline is Wednesday, March 1, 2023.View the application form to apply
SAME National Webinars
- Communities of Interest, National Webinar, Resilience COI, SAME National Events, SAME Resilience COI, Upcoming Events, Webinars
Safeguarding Strategies: A Deep Dive into Department of Defense Cybersecurity ComplianceIn the rapidly evolving landscape of technology and security, the Department of Defense (DOD) holds a paramount responsibility to safeguard sensitive information and critical systems from cyber threats.
- COI Meetings, National Leadership, National Webinar, SAME Leader Development COI, SAME National Events, SAME Small Business COI, Upcoming Events
SAME National Leadership OpportunitiesHave you ever considered taking on a national leadership role within SAME? SAME wants to increase the number and diversity of key leader position candidates in order to ensure a consistent pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Communities of Interest, Leader Development COI, National Webinar, SAME National Events, SAME Resilience COI, Upcoming Events, Webinars
Closing the Gap Between Where You Are and Where You Are GoingDo you have challenges, risks, and obstacles, or are they opportunities? While the word opportunity means several things to SAME’s members, above all it denotes a mindset. In this webinar, we will share some research and discuss an opportunity mindset, the culture needed to grow it, and how the business developer, project manager, engineer, and architect can apply it.
- Communities of Interest, Environmental COI, Event Types, National Webinar, Professional Development, SAME Environmental COI, SAME National Events, Upcoming Events, Webinars
NEON: Data and Infrastructure to Understand Changing EcosystemsThis webinar will detail the NAVFAC Northwest Shipyard Infrastructure Optimization Program and the five-year infrastructure backlog being tasked for the organization.
- Communities of Interest, Leader Development COI, National Webinar, Upcoming Events, Webinars
What to Know About the National Leader Development ProgramAre you interested in developing your leadership skills but don’t know if the SAME National Leader Development Program is for you? Join us for an overview of the program as well as the application process.