Each applicant must submit four documents to your Post President:
- Application Information Sheet
- Response to four (4) Questions
- Letter of Recommendation from Employer
In two pages or less, participants are asked to respond to the following questions:
- Referring to your biographical information, education and work experience explain how you meet the selection criteria?
- Provide a brief synopsis of your background, including activities, which show possession of the ability to lead and/or manage. Outside activities include leadership in performing various community, religious, and civic programs and activities.
- What do you expect to gain from the LDP experience and how do you see that effecting your leadership capabilities in the future?
- How do you see applying what you gain from the program towards your future involvement in the Society?
Each applicant must submit a letter of recommendation from her or his direct boss, stating why they are a solid candidate for this program. If the boss is unavailable, submission of a short statement regarding their unavailability and a letter from a former boss, or someone in a leadership position above the applicant’s boss will be accepted.
All applications MUST be typed and submitted electronically through the Post President to the Regional Vice President and to the Academy of Fellows POC.
Applications are accepted from October 31, 2018 through December 21, 2018. The Regional Vice President must be in receipt of applicants’ complete application package containing all required information and signatures no later than midnight Friday, December 21, 2018 for program consideration.
Applicants are to submit original responses. Late, or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Advisory: Regional Vice President’s may have a deadline that is prior to December 21, 2018.
- Each Region will select one individual to participate.
- Regions will submit additional applicants above the one they chose to the AOF Selection panel for consideration in the event another region is unable to choose a participant from within their region.
- Regional RVPs have until January 15, 2019 to submit alternates for consideration.
- The SAME Fellow alternate review board will convene to review the RVP selections to insure they meet the participant criteria and to prioritize all remaining applicants as alternates in the event not all 17 seats are taken.
- Replacement selection after January 15, 2019 will be at the discretion of the AOF selection panel. An alternate list will be created and a panel of Fellows consisting of at least three members will rank order the alternates who will be used to fill in in the event there is vacancy.
- Candidate applications will be rated on the following:
- Leadership across functional and geographic boundaries
- Leading change
- Future Contributions to the Society
- Final selections and determinations will be made by the SAME Fellows and Steering Committee with every effort made to ensure equitable representation from submitting agencies.
- Graduates will be asked to sit on future selection committees
- Notifications will be made for all primary selections by March 1, 2019
- Alternates will be notified by April 1, 2019
For More Information
To learn more about the Leader Development Program, visit: https://www.same.org/ldp. Or contact Eddie Gonzalez, Program Manager, at email@example.com.
SAME provides equal opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or political affiliation.